Live Edge Wall

$300.

Rustic old wood with live edging put together like puzzle pieces for a wall!!!

We redid the insulation and put up plastic , bought a truck load of dried live edge wood. Want to make sure it’s dry and bug free! There are things you can use to easily get rid of any bugs that may follow you home online. Did a light sanding, just to take the fuzzy stuff off, so nothing gets snagged or anyone gets splinters.

I wanted to see them all so I spread them out all over the place and stood them up.

Putting “like” pieces , longer and shorter, curved and straight together helped me to see my design I wanted. We chose the longest straightest piece to start with on the bottom. Then it is building a puzzle!

Cut out any hole for the vent and outlets you need but it’s just random lengths from there on, unless u want a seam somewhere then you do the same lengths.

Usual pieces can prove difficult but you need to try different boards different ways till you find a match you like!

It was not easy!! But fun!

It’s not going to be perfect fits like puzzles but that was what I liked!

I had some really nice pieces that had curves in them so I used them to put an arch type design over the window. Getting to the top is the hard part but just keep trying pieces.

In the end I had a wall of raw live edge wood. Varnish or Oil , maybe stain to get the finish look you want! My husband cut and shaved the wood then just used long small head screws to attach it.

This is a very rustic log cabin look. I like it as an accent wall. I certainly hope you taped all the seams in the plastic. Did you use a fireproof backing on the wall before putting up the wood? A lot of building and fire codes require at least 3/8" drywall. Homeowners insurance may not provide coverage and can even cancel a policy.

• Tish

I would image he taped the seams as it would have been awkward not to have. Hopefully he did install the drywall as it’s also good insulation as well as a “firebreak“ to slow down combustion should, God forbid, any fire should start in your home.

That’s a great “puzzle” y’all did there... I love live edge wood, and that’s the first time I’ve seen it used in a modified ship lap style!

• Kim 'Kiewatt' Waknitz

Love the look, but how will you keep it clean?

• John lapp

I would not use plastic as it does not breath and that can cause big problems. Tar paper or a tyvec type product would serve u better. TY GL j

• Frances Anderson

I know your all chatting fire codes etc but I have to say that is truly beautiful piece of art. You have given us a gift by sharing it. Thank you truly inspired.

• Gayle

Very pretty! Love the edges