DIY Dollar Tree Gumball Machines

$5

Check out these DIY Dollar Tree Gumball Machines. Some person much more clever than myself came up with this idea. I have seen all sorts of versions of them on Pinterest and on Facebook. This is my version of the DIY Dollar Tree Gumball Machine and how I made them.

Here is a picture of some of what I bought. The glass is actually slightly taller than the terra cotta pots, but you can’t tell from this picture.

Step 1...

First, I spray painted the 2 pots, glass and the three lids. I made sure to tape off the lip of the jar lids so that part wouldn’t get painted. I used Rust-Oleum Painters Touch in Seaside, from Home Depot.

Step 2...

Please make sure to wait for the paint to completely dry. This stuff dries pretty fast, but I made sure to be patient and gave it ample time to dry thoroughly. Once dry, glue the glass jars to the pots using your glue gun or some E6000. I used my glue gun and it worked fine.

That is pretty much it!

I have seen versions of these with much more embellishments than mine. Such as, ribbons tied around the middle, beads glued on, rope glued around the base, and things on the front to make it look like an actual gumball machine. Here are just a few examples of what others have done…

You can choose to do a little more details but I chose to keep mine simple.

Step 3...

Fill with candy and enjoy. I filled mine with shells and glass beads instead of candy. Here is how they look...

30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
3 Absolutely Adorable Ways To Display Your Plants
15 Memorial Day Crafts
The Wonderful Things You Can Make With...Paper!
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
15 Unbelievable Ways People Paint Their Walls
16 Floating Shelves That Will Stun Guests
These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
Make Your Home a Winter Wonderland With These Stunning Ideas
31 Tricks To Help You Fix The Wood In Your Home:
Inspirational Ideas for Spring Flowers
The House house