DIY Dollar Tree Gumball Machines

$5

Check out these DIY Dollar Tree Gumball Machines. Some person much more clever than myself came up with this idea. I have seen all sorts of versions of them on Pinterest and on Facebook. This is my version of the DIY Dollar Tree Gumball Machine and how I made them.

Here is a picture of some of what I bought. The glass is actually slightly taller than the terra cotta pots, but you can’t tell from this picture.

Step 1...

First, I spray painted the 2 pots, glass and the three lids. I made sure to tape off the lip of the jar lids so that part wouldn’t get painted. I used Rust-Oleum Painters Touch in Seaside, from Home Depot.

Step 2...

Please make sure to wait for the paint to completely dry. This stuff dries pretty fast, but I made sure to be patient and gave it ample time to dry thoroughly. Once dry, glue the glass jars to the pots using your glue gun or some E6000. I used my glue gun and it worked fine.

That is pretty much it!

I have seen versions of these with much more embellishments than mine. Such as, ribbons tied around the middle, beads glued on, rope glued around the base, and things on the front to make it look like an actual gumball machine. Here are just a few examples of what others have done…

You can choose to do a little more details but I chose to keep mine simple.

Step 3...

Fill with candy and enjoy. I filled mine with shells and glass beads instead of candy. Here is how they look...

The House house

• Shirley

Awesome!

• Betty

Hi great job. .they are so pretty. .I bought a old one at a yard sale. I put CANDY in it .you put coins in it and candy would come out. .my cheap husband was taking the candy out no money in .HA .LOVE the color of your .