Colorful Resin Coasters

$20

Hey Hometalkers! Amber Oliver here with another great craft for your home! If you like this project, I hope you'll stop by my blog!

I created beautiful coasters with a neat method I’ll explain below and topped them with EnviroTex Lite® Pour On High Gloss Finish to ensure my creations wouldn’t be ruined by drink condensation! If you've never used resin, it is an incredible finish that is both beautiful and durable!

To begin, color on the surface on your tile. You can do any kind of design, just fill the surface with color!

Next, use a dropper to add on a few drops of alcohol. Make sure you cover the surface but make sure none spills off the tile.

Carefully light the alcohol on the surface of the tile with a long stemmed lighter. Ensure nothing is around, the surface is clear, and always keep a fire extinguisher handy! You'll see the alcohol burns off really quickly but it moves the ink on the surface into really cool patterns!

To finish the project, add a coating of EnviroTex Lite® Pour On High Gloss Finish! If you're interested in learning more about resin, please visit my Resin Archives - as a Resin Crafts Ambassador I've worked a lot with it and can give you lots of tips!

Amber Oliver

• Theresa Hurst

What medium did you use to color on the tiles with? Thanks!

• Suzanne

How much resin do you use; a thick or thin coat?

• Sandra

Why is it necessary to burn off the alcohol? It evaporates quickly, and there is no risk of fire. Does the fire help the ink adhere better or something?

• Nancy

It's for the resin - it removes air bubbles.

Unfortunately, it's another post with incomplete directions to lead you to their blog. "Want more details about this and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!"

I understand wanting to create more traffic on their blogs, but please throw us a bone and complete the directions for this one project.

1 comment
  • Cecile Pearsall

I'll definitely try this. I've been painting tiles, but this is one I just learned....thank you for this.