Asked on Mar 20, 2020

How can I repair an outdoor resin fountaint that is cracking?

Courtney |The Kitchen GartenBetsyAdrienne Carrie Hubbard | Crafty Little Gnome
+11

Is there a spray for the outside of resin fountains,as mine is cracking

• Mogie

Paint and a water proofing sealer. I have a cement statue that has a large crack in it. Filling the crack with Red Devil masonry concrete in a caulking tube. After I apply and let it dry for a few days I will apply some paint so the patch blends in with the rest. Just giving it a few more days so the cement statue is dry before applying.

• Unique Creations By Anita

You can use a fiber glass patch with resin. It will close up the wholes.

Nothing you can spray. You can fill in the cracks with Bondo, auto body filler. You can use flexible caulking to fill in cracks.

• Redcatcec

Here's some step by step instructions that might help you:

https://www.hunker.com/12427633/how-to-repair-a-resin-fountain

• Dianacirce70

I would use an outdoor safe epoxy to seal the cracks, and then paint it so the color is uniform. Something like a JB Weld for resin

• We had a resin statue break recently and we repaired it with epoxy and then two part epoxy putty and then painted it. You'd never know it was broken. As long as your products are waterproof and outdoor safe, I'm sure it would work. Here's our process (inside statue) if you'd like to see: https://www.exquisitelyunremarkable.com/2020/03/how-to-repair-resin-statue.html

• Michelle Leslie

Hi Jean, sorry to hear about your fountain. You can use resin to repair your fountain. Fill holes or crack by spreading the resin into them and then smoothing away any excess. If the cracks are really big stuff them with fibreglass before applying the resin

• Vimarhonor

Hello. I love epoxy putty for my repairs.

I get it at the hardware store in the plumbing department It cost six or seven dollars and it is used multiple ways around the house for repair arts and crafts projects.

Oatey Putty safely seals/waterproofs for plumbing boat repairs.... Ive used it for exterior entry door frame wood rot repair, elliptical pedal repair, multiple arts and crafts repair of furniture, pottery- wood -ceramic- concrete statues - even a garage laundry sink with a hole ( thanks for hiding that defect with carrots -previous homeowner)

Every home owner crafter or second hand shopper need a 2 part putty epoxy stick!

You can find other expensive and smaller 2 part epoxy sticks versions in the boat marine and wood repair sections this Oatey one is a great value.

Consider the epoxy putty for your repair needs.

https://www.oatey.com/2373255/Product/Oatey-Fix-It-Stick-Epoxy-Putty

• Lynn Sorrell

Flex Seal

• Mogie

I plan on doing this within the next few weeks. I am going to use Red Devil Masonry and Concrete acrylic sealant. It comes in a tube like caulking. You can cut the opening to whatever size works best for you. This will form a water tight seal. After it dries at least over night I will paint it to match the rest of the statue. This product prevents water damage, won't stain on bleed, is paintable and cleans up with water.

• They make water poof caulking type stuff for aquariums. Maybe that could work?

Hi Jean: You would need something that will prevent water from getting into the crack. I'd give that new tape, Flex Seal, a shot. Good luck

• We've used Flex Seal, and that has worked well.