Asked on Mar 20, 2020

What paint colors for outside trim go with Hickory from Dunn Edwards?

Lindsay AratariLauren of Mom Home GuideKmdreamer
+15

• They have some pretty complimentary colors suggested on their site. https://www.dunnedwards.com/colors/browser/dec759

However, I would also think about white or black. Classics...

• If you want to go bold, some of their reds, blues and greens would be good choices.

• FrugalFamilyTimes.com

I think charcoal would be gorgeous!

• Dee

Even dark browns would look good. I like all the above choices.

• Cynthia H

All good suggestions. Is your roof brown, green? If it's brown, I would go for contrast with the brown and light brown you have going on. A crisp white is never a bad idea. If the roof is green, I would coordinate with that green (or whatever color you have). Again, white is never a bad idea. Add a pop of color on your front door.

• Chloe Crabtree

Red would be a great color to go with this!

• Mogie

A nice deep burgandy and black with the hickory a nice 3 way combo.

• Cindy

Hi Lisa. I think black would make a great choice for trim to go with hickory. Dark brown would work too.

• Kelli L. Milligan

You need to consider more than just the hickory. What other colors are used in the area? Lighting? Etc.

• Redcatcec

The charcoal or dark gray would well, however you have to look at the big picture...house color, roof color, color of houses in the neighborhood, your landscaping. It is good you are asking opinions, a picture would have been helpful.

• K. Rupp

For outdoor trim I like a whitish color. We have Casa Blanca from Sherwin Williams in Duration on our outdoor trim around the windows and soffit etc. It would be beautiful with that Hickory color.

• Pop Goes The Weasel

Ask Hickory herself what she thinks of Edwards?

• Maura White

How about very light gray?

• Kathy Gunter Law

You can go 2 shades lighter or darker or white. I would go onto their site and look for the color palette that contains hickory to make my decision. Consider doing a bold color for the doors.

• Em

It is a neutral color. So ANY color works. All of the answers are what other people like. Pick your favorite. Paint pieces of cardboard with several picks you like and lean against the house and stand back and look at them. Black trim looks super sharp against it. It is very close to the color of my siding. I have white window trim and black shutters in board and batten. It looks very sophistocated.

• Kmdreamer

Tan, white yellow,lighter hickory ,lite pink,cream color,lite blue

• Lauren of Mom Home Guide

These are colors Dunn Edwards recommends: https://www.dunnedwards.com/colors/browser/dec759

• Lindsay Aratari

I would do white or cream