DIY Baby Wipes

$10

DIY baby wipes are so easy to make you’ll wonder why you’ve been buying them this whole time. You can make your own homemade wipes with flannel cloth and DIY baby wipe solution with water, castile soap and oil. Read on to learn the full recipe

Check out the full video tutorial

Watch the video and learn how to make DIY baby wipes.

Supplies for DIY Baby Wipes

Cloth rags or paper towels

2 tbsp Castile soap or baby shampoo

2 tbsp of almond oil

Waterproof container

Measuring cup

Measuring spoon

2 cups Hot water

Add the oil to the hot water

Boil two cups of hot water and let it cool enough to work with. Add two tablespoons of almond oil and stir it in.

Add two tablespoons of castile soap

Add two tablespoons of castile soap or baby shampoo and stir it in. The soap with help the oil and water mix and cleanse the skin.

Prepare the wipes

Roll up the cloth rags (cotton flannel works best) and place them in your waterproof container. If you are using paper towels then cut the roll in half and place half in your waterproof container.

Pour the wipe solution on the rags

Pour the solution on the rags and let it absorb. Put the lid on the container until you are ready use them.

If you are using the reusable wipes then wash them in the laundry like usual. Add a little bleach to the washer to disinfect properly.

Your wipes are ready to use!

Gently wipe them across the skin to cleanse. Use just like you would dispose able baby wipes

Spruce Up Your Plain Lamp With One Of These Great Ideas
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
25 Creative Ways You Can Decorate Using Maps
Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
22 Ideas To Make Your Terracotta Pots Look Oh-So-Pretty
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
Fun Father's Day Gift Ideas You Can Make Yourself
14 DIY Must-Haves For All Camping Trips
3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
Adrienne Carrie Hubbard | Crafty Little Gnome

• Sandy Fox-deMoll

If using paper towels, do you put the whole roll (after cutting in half of course) into the container with the liquid solution or do you tear pieces from the roll and then put the torn pieces separately in liquid filled container?

• Robyn Garner

There are posts online how to make your own cleaning wipes by putting 1/2 roll paper towels into a clorex or other wipe container. Google DIY cleaning wipes.

• Carol de la Fuente

With using the baby shampoo/castile soap in the solution for the wipes, are you carrying another cloth to rinse the baby off and dry him/her so that the shampoo/soap does not dry on the baby's skin??? I realize that the oil would be somewhat of a protectant but to me it doesn't seem like a good thing to leave on the baby. Maybe I am overlooking something here???

• Carol de la Fuente

Thank you Patty Levasseur!!!

I realize that a lot of people use baby oil on babies as well as their own skin. I can't use it on my skin so I did not use it on my children when they were babies. I used Baby Magic Lotion for them and myself. Fortunately, my children rarely got a diaper rash!!! Thanks again!!!

• Jan Bahno

Do you have to retreat the cloths after you launder them?

• R.M30828089

If you make the wipes with paper towels (or fabric) do not flush them down the toilet, put them in the trash. They would cause havoc in the septic tank system or the city sewer treatment plant!

• MISSMAC IN TX

I think washcloths that can be rewashed and reused are better environmental choices. I also think we need to move back away from disposable diapers and use cloth Diapers at home