DIY Baby Wipes

$10

DIY baby wipes are so easy to make you’ll wonder why you’ve been buying them this whole time. You can make your own homemade wipes with flannel cloth and DIY baby wipe solution with water, castile soap and oil. Read on to learn the full recipe

Check out the full video tutorial

Watch the video and learn how to make DIY baby wipes.

Supplies for DIY Baby Wipes

Cloth rags or paper towels

2 tbsp Castile soap or baby shampoo

2 tbsp of almond oil

Waterproof container

Measuring cup

Measuring spoon

2 cups Hot water

Add the oil to the hot water

Boil two cups of hot water and let it cool enough to work with. Add two tablespoons of almond oil and stir it in.

Add two tablespoons of castile soap

Add two tablespoons of castile soap or baby shampoo and stir it in. The soap with help the oil and water mix and cleanse the skin.

Prepare the wipes

Roll up the cloth rags (cotton flannel works best) and place them in your waterproof container. If you are using paper towels then cut the roll in half and place half in your waterproof container.

Pour the wipe solution on the rags

Pour the solution on the rags and let it absorb. Put the lid on the container until you are ready use them.

If you are using the reusable wipes then wash them in the laundry like usual. Add a little bleach to the washer to disinfect properly.

Your wipes are ready to use!

Gently wipe them across the skin to cleanse. Use just like you would dispose able baby wipes

Adrienne Carrie Hubbard | Crafty Little Gnome

• Mia Durand

What is the reason for the almond oil? Is there another oil that can be used instead of almond?

• Sadie

An oil that comes from a "Live" source is best to use on the skin. Almond oil has a light weight to it and is a commonly used base for making DIY lotions and skin cleansers. Olive oil, Jojoba, Sunflower and others are good to use. Oils such as Mineral oil are not as that comes from Petroleum which clogs the pores and is not "Live". These also make a nice Baby Shower gift.

• Sandy Fox-deMoll

If using paper towels, do you put the whole roll (after cutting in half of course) into the container with the liquid solution or do you tear pieces from the roll and then put the torn pieces separately in liquid filled container?

• Carol de la Fuente

With using the baby shampoo/castile soap in the solution for the wipes, are you carrying another cloth to rinse the baby off and dry him/her so that the shampoo/soap does not dry on the baby's skin??? I realize that the oil would be somewhat of a protectant but to me it doesn't seem like a good thing to leave on the baby. Maybe I am overlooking something here???

• Carol de la Fuente
      18 hours ago

Thank you Patty Levasseur!!!

I realize that a lot of people use baby oil on babies as well as their own skin. I can't use it on my skin so I did not use it on my children when they were babies. I used Baby Magic Lotion for them and myself. Fortunately, my children rarely got a diaper rash!!! Thanks again!!!

• Flipturn

I would highly recommend either binding the raw edges first or sewing the pieces together with conventional 'inside out seams' to help prevent ravelling and disintegration that will occur after only a couple of washings.

• Love to sew
    11 minutes ago

I plan to make them as a shower gift and enclose the recipe instructions for the new mom; in case she wants to continue using the cloth wipes for her baby.