DIY Easter Eggs With Clay and Moulds!

$40

Looking for ways to use clay and moulds on your Easter Eggs? DIY Easter Eggs with Clay and Moulds is super simple with these tips and tricks. Hi there, Sweet Friends, I am Cynthia Nessel from Create With Cynthia! I’ve got you covered in the Easter Egg Department, Sweet Friends. It’s time to start decorating for Easter and this DIY tutorial is just for you.

I don’t know about you, but nowadays I just don’t prefer to dye Easter Eggs. Nowadays, I prefer to use other types of crafting mediums for my eggs. The sky is really the limit. I’ve used paint and clay and even modge podge and fabric and ribbon. For today, we are using Iron Orchid Designs Air Dry Clay and Decor Moulds. DIY Easter Eggs with Clay and Moulds!

If you’d like to purchase any of these items visit the Create With Cynthia Shop online.Your purchases help support the blog and I am grateful to you for that.

Iron Orchid Designs has some incredible products and I love working with the Air Dry Clay and Decor Moulds. The clay is super easy to use and it dries over night. The moulds clean up well and can be used over and over again.

MATERIALS NEEDED FOR THE EASTER EGG WITH CLAY AND MOULDS:

• Air Dry Clay
  • Decor Moulds
  • DIY Paint
  • Wooden Eggs
  • Putty Knife
  • Wooden Trough
  • Easter Basket
  • Egg Plate
  • Egg Cups
  • Hot Glue Gun

INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO CREATE EASTER EGGS WITH CLAY AND MOULDS.

Step one.

Step one: After you have gathered your supplies, start by seasoning your mould with Corn Starch. Use an old paint brush and spread corn starch inside the mould. Shake out any excess.

Step two.

Step two: Use your scraper to cut a piece of clay from the chunk of Air Dry Clay.

Step three,

Step three: Roll clay into a ball and press into the mould.

Step four.

Step four: Use scrapper and remove excess clay from mould. The micro rim will assist in ensuring a flat surface on the back of the mould.

Step five.

Step five: Once you have pressed clay inside mould, turn mould upside down and let gravity remove the clay from the mould.

Step six.

Step six: Once your moulds are created and before each dries you can glue them onto the wooden egg surface. Use Titebond or Hot Glue to adhere the clay mould to the wooden egg.

Step seven.

Let the clay mould and glue dry over night.

Step eight.

Step eight: Paint your wooden eggs with clay and moulds.

Step nine.

Step nine: Seal your paint with a top coat or wax. I prefer to use wax with clay and moulds as it gets into the crevices and creates a beautiful look.

Remember to check out my You Tube Channel at Create With Cynthia where I upload videos on Home Decor DIY and Furniture Makeovers every Monday and Wednesday.

Don’t forget to decorate your eggs by placing them into a wooden box or basket or even on an egg plate. Now, if you’d like to watch this tutorial on You Tube, you can check out my video, “Decorating Eggs with Clay and Moulds!”

Thanks for stopping by the Create With Cynthia website now go out there and Create Something.Cynthia

Create With Cynthia

• Cindy

What kind of wax should I use to seal project?

• Zoe Emiko

Waverly Inspirations (at walmart) carries a really good wax also. You can get white, clear & antique. It's a lot less expensive than most of them out there.

• AnnM

Is one brand of clay better than another for molding?

• Zoe Emiko

I make my own and have found it's as good as the ones I've bought. There is a channel on YouTube called Ultimate Paper Mache. She has recipes for all things paper clay & paper mache. A lot of the recipes use toilet paper which is really tough to get right now but I've been making mine using old newspaper and it works wonderfully. I paint everything I can get my hands on and usually add pretty details I make from molds & paper clay. I was spending a small fortune on the paper clay. Than I discovered that channel & I've never looked back. With paper clay sometimes you'll get cracks as it dries. Don't worry about those. Just get a little moistened paper clay on the tip of your finger & carefully fill it in, then let dry. I'm always looking to lower the cost on my projects and this was a big savings.

• Deb

Really beautiful work, Cynthia. I’m always inspired to see such creativity and these beautiful eggs will last from year to year, what a lovely project, thanks for sharing.

• Sheila

This is really cute for Easter, I really want to try it! Nice Jod! Sheila