Asked on Mar 22, 2020

How do I remove painted or stamped labels?

Lindsay AratariAdrienne Carrie Hubbard | Crafty Little GnomeRoseRedd
+16

• FrugalFamilyTimes.com

What are they painted onto? Glass? Plastic?

• Gk

What are you removing the labels from Doris? Glass? Wood? Usually on glass a good soaking in warm soapy water, a bit of elbow grease with a kitchen scrubby, and perhaps some GooGone for any remaining adhesive will get rid of the labels. You may have to do a bit of sanding on wood with a fine or extra fine grit sandpaper and wipe with a damp cloth until the label is removed. Just a thought since I don't know what your labels/stamps are adhered to.

• If they are on wood, try a damp cloth over the label to soften the glue, be careful of the finish if you don't want to damage any of it, otherwise they will need to be sanded off. If the labels are on glass or plastic, I use peanut butter. Leave it on for a bit and the adhesive will be easy to remove.

• Nan W.

Doris: I'm a big fan of Goo Gone.

• Vimarhonor

Hello. Are you asking about the stamped or painted labels on clothing or glass jars and bottles? That’s a very interesting question but it’s hard to know what you’re asking about perhaps a little more information we give you the exact answer you’re looking for.

• Debbie/Dragonfly Treasure

Try WD-40

• Lynn Sorrell

what type surface are the labels on? wood( painted,sealed/raw, stained,type of wood) glass,etched glass,metal (what kind),plastic,material/fabric - synthetic or natural ??

• Maura White

Depends on the what kind of surface they are on?? If its on wood, you should be able to gently sand them off.

• Mogie

Another vote for WD 40.

• Cynthia H

On glass, you can often scrape off a painted label. Fingernail polish remover might work, too. On other surfaces you have to make sure you aren't damaging the finish. I used stripper and sanding to remove a stamped on label from a wood reel, once. I was planning on refinishing the wood. If you are going to paint, you could put sealer on the label to keep it from bleeding through.

Hi Doris: There are several things you can use. Butter, Goof Off, WD40, Goo Gone. All work pretty good. Good luck

• CribbsStyle

Would help to know the type of surface, what are you removing the label off of?

• Kmdreamer

Hot hot water and a straight edge razor

• Crumpled up aluminum foil and scrub it with soap under hot water

• Chloe Crabtree

Goo Gone.

• Holly Lengner - Lost Mom

What are the labels on? I take labels off glass by soaking them in hot water with dish soap and it works like a charm.

• RoseRedd

If you have time to let them soak in hot water blue Dawn dish soap they slide right off ! Any residue left Brillo pad off ♥️ Rubbing alcohol also works .

• I have found that crumpled aluminum foil works really well.

• Lindsay Aratari

Lemon essential oil