Quick & Easy Ladybug Mosaic

$5

With so many of us stuck at home and not being able to get to the craft stores, I thought I'd share a quick tutorial for making a ladybug mosaic using a sponge ball and left over mosaics. If you don't have a sponge ball,a roundish rock or polystyrene ball will work to.

She looks really cute in the garden and ladybugs are considered lucky too. That's something we all need a little more of right now.

This is a beginner mosaic project and can be finished in a afternoon. All you need is:

• A sponge ball
  • Red and black tiles
  • Sandpaper
  • E6000 glue
  • Black grout ( my personal favorite)
  • Black jewelry wire
  • Tile cutters or nippers

Start by cutting the sponge ball in half with a sharp craft knife.

Use a permanent marker or sharpie to mark where to add the tiles.

Using tile nippers, cut a whole bunch of red and black tiles in random shapes and glue them inside the areas you marked earlier. I always use E6000 for my mosaics that will be going outside. Welbond will work too.

Once all the tiles have been glued down, and the glue is completely dry, mix up some grout according to the manufacturers instructions and apply with a ice cream stick.

Wait a few minutes for the grout to harden a little and wipe away any excess with a damp sponge. If you haven't grouted before you can find a whole bunch of grouting tips here.

To make the spots and antenna for the ladybug, I used black jewelry wire and simply inserted them in between the tiles.

And that's it. Your sponge ball ladybug mosaic is all done.

Simple, easy and super cute for the garden.

Psst, you'll find more amazing mosaic projects on the blog. Just click on the blue "Go" button at the bottom of this tutorial.

30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
Try These Gorgeous Ideas And The Mailman Will Never Miss Your Mailbox!
Easy DIY Remedies For Your 7 Most Hated Bugs
Cut Up Some Pallets For These 20 Amazing Ideas
Easy DIY Ideas To Add Some FUN To Your Office Space
16 Fun Ways You Can Use Food To Decorate Your Home
15 Clever Ways To Repurpose Old Light Bulbs
Dollar Store Gem Backsplash
These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
15 Perfectly Round Tables
Copy One Of These Lovely Lattice Ideas For Your Home
Michelle Leslie

• Ann Baxter

LIKE IT WONDER HOW IT WOULD LOOK WITH A PORTION OF THE OTHER HALF OF THE BALL ATTACHED FOR A HEAD

• Michelle Leslie

It would look perfect Ann. I think I may just make a mosaic spider using your idea. Thank you

• Kelly

Michelle, I just love this ladybug. Kudos! Did you also grout the backside of the ball? I’d love to make this without worry of the elements ruining it from the bottom. THX!

• Michelle Leslie

Thanks so much Kelly. I didn't grout the underside just "sealed" it with mod podge. I figured spongy, rubber balls take years to decompose in nature, so the little ladybug/ladybird should last a long time.