Asked on Mar 23, 2020

Tile a small bath w/ letter tiles?

BetsyChloe CrabtreeVimarhonor
+10

I am renovating a small bath located in a small neighborhood bar. I like to give my space some personality, and do things a little differently. Previously I had funny signs, quotes plastered on the walls, but thinking something else, Created ascrabble wall w/ humorous bathroom phrases. Such as "PEE LIKE NO ONE IS LISTENING", "DONT BE ASHAMED TO FART WHILE PEEING SOMETIMES RAIN COMES WITH THUNDER"

in trying to do it scrabble board like, the words dont line up in order, so you have to figure it out

Good idea? or not

• Brooke Cribbs- Cribbs Style

That sounds so cute and dare I say "cheeky". Why not have fun with it?!

• Nan W.

Betty: to imbed letters would be difficult --- and virtually unchangeable. Hanging tiles? ...well, in a public place, those might be stolen. :-(. (People taking their initials, etc)

I suggest that you do classic tile squares and then stencil letters, with paint, on to them. Like using a stencil that resembles Scrabble letters:

https://www.amazon.com/Scrabble-Letters-Stencils-Painting-Reusable/dp/B078347WT8/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=large+scrabble+tiles+wall+decor&qid=1584974605&sr=8-6

• FrugalFamilyTimes.com

It’s a pretty funny idea! Maybe put them behind glass or plexiglass so they’re easier to keep clean and no one messes with it?

• Kmdreamer

Sounds cute make letters on each tile then let the words flow into other using their letters

• Ken Erickson

Stencils on tile sounds like fun.

• Beth

I think that sounds like fun! I agree with others to make sure that they're not easy to mess with. I could see people rearranging letters or words.

• Johnavallance82

Hi there,

Do you want folks to spend more time in the loo or in the bar? Provide Hot water and soap and make a notice saying. "NOW WASH YOUR HANDS WITH HOT WATER BEFORE RETURNING TO THE BAR" + Remove nuts et. c from Bowls on bar top!!

Best wishes. You could always use old seaside comic postcards from UK!! If you want folk to linger in the loo...................................

• Dee

You could stencil the letters on the tiles and seal.

Sounds cool. You can paint or stencil the letters on the tiles. To seal them bake them on an oven. Place the tiles in a cold oven. Turn the oven on at 300 degrees for about an hour. Turn the oven off and let it cool down. Do not remove the tiles until oven is cool. You can also use letter decals you can buy at an office supply store.

• Vimarhonor

Hello. A collection of stenciled wall signs might be less tampered with than wooden tiles.

• Chloe Crabtree

Sounds like a cute idea. You can get scrabble letters and glue them onto a board painted like a scrabble board.

Betty, that's hilarious:) Instead of doing something permanent, how about hanging some, a bunch, of small picture frames with words or letters that your customers can move around to make their own phrases? Or, maybe a chalkboard where they can write what they want? When I was youngish, and a lot of people don't remember pay toilets, people would write on the walls "Here I sit all broken hearted. Thought I'd poop but only farted." The loss of a dime back then was serious stuff! :) Anyway, those are my ideas.