DIY Corner Shelves

$20

I’ve always wanted open shelving in my kitchen but I dont have a ton of space to work with. So I’m setting out to make my own corner shelves from scratch!

Plan

Its helpful to tape off your space to get a visual of what your finished product will look like and the measurements you want it to be.

Cut your wood

I’m using 1x2 pieces of wood and cutting with my miter saw. You can also have your local home improvement store make your cuts if you don't have a saw.

Miter your corners

For the cleanest corner to corner look you will want to miter (cut) the ends of the long side of your triangle at 45 degrees. It took me awhile to figure out the right angles and math!

Check your frame

You should end up with a perfect right triangle!

Attach the frame to your wall

Using drywall anchors (or hitting your studs) attach 2/3 of your frame pieces to the wall. Don't add the front piece yet!

Cut your “insides”

For the inside of the shelf I’m using a sheet of 3/4 of MDF. You can also use plywood. I traced the insides of my frame for the most accurate fit and cut out the shape with my jigsaw.

Add pocket holes

Using a pocket hole jig I drilled pocket holes into the underside of my triangles so that I would have a way to attach them to the frame.

Assemble

Attach the inside of your shelves to the frame using the pocket holes and then finally add the front/facial board. I used wood glue and nails for the front. I also stained my wood in the end.

3 Ideas To Use Terracotta Pots You Definitely Haven't Seen Before
26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For
Cut Up Some Pallets For These 20 Amazing Ideas
15 Stencil Patterns You'll Wish You'd Seen Sooner
15 Amazing Things You Can Do With Paint Stirrers

• Marlene
    Marlene

Looks really pro

• Joanie
    Joanie

Your kitchen is so cute and neat. I like your shelves........perfect or the space. I used to have 2, but I'm not sure what I did with them.....duh! Nice job on yours!!