Farmhouse Computer Tray

$25

With 5 kids now doing homeschool, I needed a quick solution to a big problem! We are in the process of building a home and so our space in our current living situation is very limited. We do NOT have room for 5 desks, but we now have 5 students! I quickly grabbed a scrap of wood from our building site, ordered these legs off of Amazon, and put this together in no time! The solution is perfect and it looks great too!

All you need is a piece of 1x12 cut 24 inches long, the stain color of your choice, and these hair pin legs from Amazon.

The first thing I did was sand all the rough edges off of the wood piece. Then I simply applied one coat of stain to the top and sides of the wood. The stain color I chose to use is Classic Gray from Minwax.

The great thing about these hairpin legs is that they already come with the exact hardware needed. So the next step, after the stain was dry, was to screw the legs into place. This was as easy as it looks.

I didn't even measure where to screw them. I basically just eyeballed it and because the base of the legs fits symmetrically onto the wood, it was quite simple.

The best part of this project is that this can double as a decoration too! Look how I used it to add to my spring decor! So simple and I love the added layer look. What do you think?