Cutting Board Easter/Spring Farmhouse Decor Project

$15

I always pick up cutting boards at thrift shops and garage sales. They can be displayed "As Is" or be upcycled/repurposed as fun farmhouse style decor for everyday and for holidays too. This is my most recent cutting board project.

Find A Narrow Cutting Board

My mom found this little cutting board at a thrift shop. She gave it to me.

Find A Hobby Lobby, Other Craft Shop or Thrift Shop Square Metal Container

I purchased this home decor metal box at a Hobby Lobby store recently. It was priced at $6.99 but I got it at 50% off. 

Painting The Cutting Board

After wiping the cutting board down with a damp rag and Krud Kutter Degreaser spray, I brushed on two coats of Dixie Belle Paint in Fluff. The degreaser step is necessary on a cutting board that may have been oiled.

Add A Small Bunny Stencil

I have had the  FolkArt Paper Stencil Pack - Garden Icons  for several years. The bunny was the perfect size for this project.

Pounce Or Swirl On the Stencil.

After taping the stencil down with blue painter's tape, I swirled and pounced on the stencil using Fusion Mineral Paint in Ash.

Add Faux Distressing With the Layering Block

Instead of distressing the cutting board, I pulled out my Folkart Layering Block.With the layering block, I added Ceramcoat Walnut Noyer Craft Paint to the edges of the cutting board, but it looks like brown paint/stain peeking out under the white paint.

Attach The Cutting Board To The Square Metal Container

Here is the back of the cutting board (uff-da side) and the back of the metal container. The cutting board was placed inside the container and screwed into the metal container from the back. I discovered a small lip on the metal container made the cutting board tilt forward so a small shim was added to the back of the cutting board towards the bottom. The screws were put back in.

Wax The Cutting Board And Accessorize

I waxed the cutting board with Dixie Belle Best Dang Wax and a fiber rag.The adorable buffalo check carrots are from Hobby Lobby too.I added a jute twine tie to the hole on top of the cutting board. (The hole could also be used to hang the bunny display on the wall.)

Other Ideas And Cutting Board Projects.

The metal container could be filled with Easter grass and eggs or candy, or even display a potted plant.Do you like cutting board projects? Check out my Halloween cutting boards HERE, cutting board wall hooks project HERE, and Valentine's Day cutting board decor HERE.

Ceramcoat Walnut Noyer Craft Paint

Organized Clutter