How to Make DIY Reusable Cloth Wipes

$10

These reusable cloth wipes are easy to make. I am definitely a beginning seamstress, and I made them myself. I used a flannel fabric, so they are very soft. Use them as baby wipes, for cleaning, for the body, or to remove makeup.

To make the wipes, you'll need:

1

Start by cutting your fabric into 8 inch squares. You'll need 2 squares for each cloth.

2

Pin or clip right sides together. Leave a 3 inch gap to turn it right side out.

3

Sew around the edges with a 1/4 inch seam allowance. Do not sew the 3 inch gap.

4

Snip the corners so it isn't bulky in the corners when you turn it right side out.

5

Turn it right side out.

6

Iron to remove wrinkles. Then top stitch around the square to close the hole.

7

These tend to twist when you wash them. You can sew an X on it or make three lines on it. This helps it lay flat after you wash them.

I use mine for cleaning. You can either pour a cleaning solution over them to make wipes or spray from a bottle and clean with the wipe. Toss it in the washer and reuse. These can also be used as a washcloth, makeup remover, or as a baby wipe.

Koti Beth Designs

• Susan Elliott Dodd

About how many wipes do you get from the 1/2 yd?

• Barb

been using pieces of old items for years, - towels, wash cloths, flannel sheets, etc. without sewing anything. Just cut or rip to size.

• Sue Blackman

When I was growing up my mom kept a “ rag bag.” Any old t shirt or worn out piece of clothing was tossed in the bag, to be used for cleaning. (My mom grew up in the depression). You could repurpose worn out clothing and sew them as described if you want to use what’s on hand. But these cloths are really cute! Neat idea.

• Audrey Therrien
    24 minutes ago

Really cute! I will try it for sure with hydrogen peroxide and vinegar and put them by the door as a hand sanitizer.

Thx