Asked on Mar 25, 2020

How to make non-toxic pesticide for spring?

KmdreamerLauren of Mom Home GuideTheHoneycombHome
+14

• Lauren of Mom Home Guide

TreeHugger.com suggests using these all natural and non-toxic pesticides. Good luck! https://www.treehugger.com/lawn-garden/8-natural-homemade-insecticides-save-your-garden-without-killing-earth.html

• Chloe Crabtree

TreeHugger recommends making your own simple pesticide spray: Mix 1 cup vegetable oil (try safflower or sunflower) with 1 tablespoon of mild liquid soap such as Dr. Bronner's. Add 2 teaspoons of this mixture to 1 quart of water in a spray bottle, shake well, and douse the pests.

• Peggy Burnette

Hi

bob, here is a recipe for non toxic pesticide. Stay well.Search Results

Featured snippet from the web

Homemade Non-Toxic Insecticide Recipe

Step 1 — Pour 1/2 cup of vegetable oil In the measuring cup, and stir in 3 Tbsp of the dishwashing soap. Mix well. Step 2 — Pour the oil and dishwashing soap mixture into a 1-gallon jug, then fill the jug halfway with water. Step 3 — Shake well and fill your spray bottle.Feb 27, 2019

Homemade Non-Toxic Pesticides for Your Garden - Medium

medium.com › homemade-non-toxic-pesticides-your-garden-98b37d...

• Mogie

Not just for human insect repellent, tea tree oil could be an effective way of keeping pests and parasites away on the farm. One particular study, which looked at flies on dairy cows, found that cows treated with tea tree oil had 61% fewer flies than they had done only 24 hours previously when compared with untreated cows.

This huge reduction is just as revealing as it is shocking, but then again, if tea tree oil can be so effective for cows, what can it do for humans? Well, it can keep mosquitoes at bay even better than some of the leading repellent brands, which must be causing a little panic in the pest control business. Insect repellent using tea tree essential oil is cheap, long-lasting and easy to make.

• Neem oil, BT (for worms and caterpillars), insecticidal soap, and spinosad are all things I have used in our garden that are natural options. Here's some more info also: https://thekitchengarten.com/in-the-garden/natural-pest-control/

• Em

It very much depends on what you are trying to kill. There are specific things that kill or repel different types of insects. Garden is one thing, like what you can put in the soil, or spray on plants. Indoors could be ants or spiders. A little more information on what type of insect would be much more helpful, otherwise you will get 20 answers that don't help you.

• Annie

If you're looking for a non toxic weed killer, this is what we use

https://countrylivinginacariboovalley.com/homemade-poison-ivy-and-weed-killer-that-really-works/

• Lynette

Garlic mixed with soap & water.

Hey Bob: Mosquito yard spray: 1 big bottle of cheap blue mouthwash - 3 cups Epsom salt - 3 12oz bottles of cheap stale beer. Mix until salt is dissolved. Put in spray bottle and spray everything. Won't harm plants or flowers. It says that mosquitoes will be gone for 80 days - if it doesn't rain, I guess. Spray your sitting areas too. Has a nice mint smell. Whomever passed this along to me got it from a Paul Harvey show. Yeah, you young 'ens don't remember him:(

I have mint plants in my yard. Mint seems to repel mosquitoes. You can tell a mint plant from a regular plant by their stems. They are squarish where other plant stems are round. I have Lemon Mint and Spearmint plants. They really spread and are quite invasive, so either put them in a pot or in an area that they can't spread. I have mine growing as a hedge around my sitting area, but there is a lot of upkeep to that and keeping the volunteers in check.

Wasp killer

16 oz water in a spray bottle

1/4 to 1/2 cup Dawn

20 drops of pure peppermint extract

Or

Add dish soap to water at a rate of one tablespoonful of dish soap per cup of water in a spray bottle.

Mix and spray the wasps. It will kill the wasps. That's it! Good luck

If you have wasp nests on the ground, be advised, that nature usually informs all burrowing animals as to the wisdom of building a back door! When you pour your soap and water solution, run. You will need to repeat this treatment half a dozen times to be effective.

If you have large or high nests to eradicate, put dish soap in a garden sprayer and deluge them.

If you plan to spray wasp nests, be sure to do it at night and wear protective clothing. Cover your light source with a light cloth or use red or amber bulbs in your light source to prevent the wasps from swarming you. Or, in the alternative, place a flashlight or two away from the nest and opposite of the way you are going to run, turn then on, and when the wasps emerge, they will see the lights and go towards them. Be sure to run like mad into a darkened house. You don't want them to see you running towards a light, or they will follow you. Good luck!

• Beth

You've gotten some good responses, but I thought I'd add that I have chickens and they do a great job of reducing bugs in the yard and we haven't had any problems with ticks since getting them.

• Philipp

You can use vegetable oil and water, as well as dishwashing liquid and water. We tried the latter mix with ants and other bugs and that method has worked well.

• Lauren of Mom Home Guide

This non toxic pesticide tutorial might help: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BkYC2HuRQvI

• Kmdreamer

Believe it I used white vinager around my whole house last year and I had no bugs no ants .all around the perimeter.