DIY Necklace Holder

$5

Hi friends! I found this accordion style peg rack at Goodwill a while back and thought it would make the perfect necklace holder!

When I finally hung it up, I realized it wasn’t really what I had in mind though. It was okay, but I didn’t love how the necklaces hung at different levels and top ones didn’t hang straight.

So instead of scrapping this whole idea, I decided to try to make it work! I turned the hook rack over and took out all the screws to take it apart.

Easy peasy!

I decided I only wanted to use two of the longer pieces of wood and add more pegs to them.

I reattached the pegs to the three holes in one of the long pieces of wood and then measured in between each peg, so I could add two more.

To drill new holes for the new pegs, I used a small drill bit just slightly bigger than the screws the hook rack came with.

Then to make the screws countersunk like the other ones, I used a drill bit just slightly bigger than the head of the screw and only went into the wood about 1/8”.

Then just put everything back together.

I did the same thing with my second piece of wood. I left the first hole empty and ended up cutting that piece a little bit shorter, so I could butt the two pieces of wood together to make it look like one long piece (as shown below).

How cute!? I just used some small nails and a level to attach the two pieces to the wall.

To see more: https://www.instagram.com/craftingupcuteness/

• Janette Daniels Johnson

Where can you find samples of wood for a project like this

• SpudBread

VERY SIMPLE -- go to a big box store-- get a "piece" of lathe, go to Michael's or similar craft store get some wooden knobs (or wooden drawer pulls, maybe even some metal cabinet knobs ...) BE CREATIVE! Figure it all out, drill pilot holes etc. & counter sink holes (very professional!) and put it all together. Fast, simple, easy ... & you can leave it UNFINISHED even just let the wood weather on it's own. Do give it all a little bit of sanding to get rid of splinters (not good in your little fingers!) ... HAVE FUN-- can't wait to do this myself-- I''m thinking MUG WRACKS -- whopeeeeEEEeeee ...