DIY Pentagon Popsicle Stick Shelf

$10

Are you bored of seeing popsicle stick hexagon shelf ideas? Why not try a new shape with the craft sticks? I tried a pentagon-shaped shelf and it turned out cute and perfect for air plants. This is a project which I started making on the spot with no idea what I am making. I came up with this design when I wanted to test the strength of wood glue before using it for some other project as this is the first time I am trying wood glue. The only wood thing I had was these craft sticks to test. So, here it is . An experiment that ended up as a beautiful project. Let's see how I made them.

Arrange the popsicle sticks, as shown. There is no right or wrong way to do this. If you want the same shape as I did you can follow the steps as shown in the pictures below. Use wood glue to secure the sticks. Keep repeating the steps until you get the desired width for storing/displaying any particular display item/toys/air plants.

Cut a cardstock paper for a pretty background by tracing the inside of the shelf with a pencil. Then allow 1/2" width on all sides. Cut the cardstock with scissors and use Elmer's glue to stick it to the background of the pentagon shelf. 

I so much love this middle portion of the shelf.Don't you wanna know I made this? ;) I had a lot of gemstones I collected from a mine trip and leftover from my Gemstones jewelry DIY and DIY gemstone picture frame that I added in between the white stones to give a beautiful pop of color.

Sahana

• Marsha

I’m loving it. Is it for table top or hanging? How do you keep the stones from falling or moving??

• Sahana

It is for hanging. I have used acetate sheet for holding the stones. You can click the link to see the step by step. hope that will help.

• Flipturn

Did I miss something, or how is the unit attached to the wall?

• Flipturn

Thank you; that's easy.

The shape of the structure looks too delicate to be attached to the wall by only two nails. I would have thought that the centre portion would have been too heavy to hang unsupported from the bottom.