Antique Window Looks Like A Real Life Scene

$40

I took an antique window and made a scene as if you were looking out a window.

Finished Piece.

As you can see this is the finalized antique window scene. Definitely my favorite antique window makeover to date. Check out my others listed too.

@dreamoakdecor

Step one

You need an antique window. Make sure to clean it Thoroughly before use.

Step 2

This May be a hard one to find until Christmas time. You need a can of fake snow. Possibly there is a diy on how to make something similar. You would have to search for that.

Step 3

When me and my family were on vacation in Wyoming I took quite a few pictures. I found this beautiful one with the trees in the snow and went on Walmart photo printing and chose the option for poster size. I ordered the larger poster and attached it to the frame.

Note: Because it did not fit correctly I needed an option to make it come together and this is how it came to pass.

I used small nails to not damage the frame or cause cracks. Please to do this Make sure the picture is facing the right side of the window. The side you want to see.

Step 4

After the picture was adhered. I took the snow and sprayed lightly the snow. I followed up with more snow an hour later. I let it dry over night and turned it over and this was the actual outcome. Looked like snow on the bottom of the photo. Thus filling in the area that the poster did not cover making it look life like.

Final close up

Here is a final close-up of the end product as you can tell the snow on the bottom just gave it the lifelike look and the picture is absolutely stunning in the antique window frame. I hope that you enjoyed my creation and possibly can create something beautiful for your home.

End

Another view of the end project.

• Antique window  (Thrift)
  • Snow  (Walmart)
  • Picture  (Walmart photo)

• Laurie Good

The snow made the picture adhere to the window on it's own? You didn't use anything else?

• As I mentioned above I used small nails to attach picture (mine was made as a poster) to the frame. Then you add the snow on the actual glass from behind. Back side of window.

stay safe!

• Faye

Wonderful job on your window. I always see them for the "farmhouse look" Most projects are done in this look. I have very contemporary and so is my house. I would love to see someone that is more creative then me to work up a window that can be put is such a setting. Would it be black window with what scene? I do not like the big city skyline look. Just asking. This window is awesome.

• Tammy Schram/Dreamoakdecor

When I think of contemporary I think of crisp outdoor pictures. You would imagine looking out to a water scene or beautiful greenery scene. Or say even a drop edge pool that looks out unto the water. I’d still go with a white frame but could be done with a black one. It can be any nature scene that you want To look at. My picture is a live scene from Wyoming. I just display it in a farmhouse setting. I’m sharing how to make “snow” look real with a winter scene.