Tools & Materials
While I was able to put this project together using materials I already had lying around my house, you might have to make a trip to the store to get what you'll need. Everything I used can be found at Home Depot or bought online at Amazon or Best Buy. If you need to buy everything on this list to create your wall sconce lighting, you will still pay a fraction of what it costs to buy these wall sconces in the store. Here's what I used.
- A standard bathroom plunger per wall sconce.
- I opted for a larger plunger since I wanted my sconce to occupy a prime position on my living room wall.
- A pack of alphabet building blocks.
- Make sure the blocks you choose are only slightly larger than the diameter of the plunger handle.
- A pack of emergency LED candles.
- Pick candles that will fit nicely on top of the plunger handle.
- Hot glue gun & glue sticks.
- Matte black craft paint.
- Gold spray paint. You can, of course, pick any color that strikes your fancy.
Standard command strips.