Bathroom Vanity Upgrade

$600

As we head into our 4th week of being at home, here's me best attempt to distract myself and feel productive. This is the second post on our masterbath update, check out masterbath tub upgrade for the initial post.

Dated paint/mirror and lighting

I wanted an updated clean look without a full rip and replace.

Removing the Mirror

This was a delicate step because we didn't want to break the mirror. This 12 foot long miror would be saved for the master closet update, hopefully completed in the next few weeks. We used a long metal stick behind the mirror to gauge where the adhesive had been applied. Then we used a crowbar to gently pry the mirror off. After the mirror is removed, you can chip off the old adhesive with a putty knife. We also changed out the light fixtures at this point because we went from two fixtures to three, so there was some drywall repair and painting required.

Tile

Once the wall was cleaned and prepped, it was time to tile. We started at the bottom, because the existing vanity made it easy to keep the tiles straight and don't forget to use spacers to have the tiles exact.  If you need more help on tile installation, see slate tile patio.

Grout
Install Lighting and Mirrors

The new light fixtures came from Lowe's, the new mirrors from Ikea and the facets came from Amazon.

Install new faucets

Finished Vanity

For additional project details, go to www.flawlesschaos.com

31 Gorgeous Homemade Candle Ideas You're Going to Want to Try
Do You Want to Update Your Antique Furniture?
31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
Flawless Chaos

• Joy Sheffield
    Joy Sheffield

Just amazing!! Wish I had a bathroom that big ❤️It’s beautiful!!

• Anna Ibarra
    Anna Ibarra

Love it! I have a very wide bathroom counter in the old master, with the huge mirror. Haven’t done anything but this looks doable.