Decoupage Real Egg Wreath

$5

One of my favorite sounds of spring are the blue tits that come to nest in my garden every year. They are such a pretty colorful little bird. Every year I make an Easter egg wreath. Last year was a Marimekko designed wreath this year I decided to make a blue tit inspired wreath.

I prefer to use real eggs for my crafts rather than plastic craft eggs. One because they are free and secondly it's better for the environment.

To use real eggs you need to blow them (details on the blog). Be sure to make yourself a lovely omelet with the blown contents. Then rinse the shells for this craft.

Next, I printed some lovely drawings of blue tits on to tissue paper. The drawings are free to print on my blog.

To print on tissue paper, tape it to computer paper with masking tape and then put the paper in your home inkjet printer.

Paste the egg with decoupage glue.

Then cut out a blue tit drawing and stick the tissue paper onto egg.

Repeat with the other eggs. Then apply a coat of glue to the outside of the shell all over. Rest the eggs on a box with a cocktail stick. This will make sure they don't stick to anything whilst the glue dries.

I actually apply two coats of glue, this makes the egg shells stronger.

Next, get some garden wire felt balls and beads.

Then, thread a blue felt ball, a wooden bead, a yellow felt ball and a blue tit egg onto the garden wire.

Repeat, carry on adding beads and eggs until they are all on the wire. Then shape the wire into a round and twist the ends together.

This cute wreath is then ready to hang on the door or wall. The wreath is really light as the eggs are hollow so it can easily just be hung on a nail.

These aren't the only eggs I have decoupaged I made some cool designer eggs last year.

Claire at Pillarboxblue