Welcoming Wisteria Vine for Spring

$70

I needed to do something to add color and style, something bright to my front porch this season. I wanted to do something more than just a wreath or swag that people could see from the sidewalk while walking by. Many years ago we had a wisteria growing in our yard and that was my inspiration for this project. You can see more of my crafts and creations here.

I began with some faux branches, attaching them over my front door with Command hooks.

I hung the branches from the hooks and then put an additional hook upside down over the branch to make a little "U" shaped pocket to keep the branches from coming down in the wind.

This shows how I used two hooks together to secure the branches.

Here you can see in the red circles where I attached the pairs of hooks to secure the branches both above the door and along the side of the door frame.

I started adding pieces of faux wisteria to my branches. Wherever possible, I not only used hot glue, I also bent the end of the wisteria over the the crooks of the branches. Then I secured them with Gorilla brand hot glue which seems to hold up in the extreme heat we get in Florida.

I started building up my vine by attaching a number of wisteria blooms, both above and along the side of the door.

The look was lush and colorful.

I used a large urn for the base and stuck a substantial branch in the urn so it appears to be the trunk for the wisteria. I secured it in the urn with heavy stones and styrofoam. I added some greenery and pussy willows to my base urn. I would love to have you stop by my blog,  Celebrate & Decorate for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

Chloe Crabtree

• Sandy

My Question us not about this post. Which I absolutely love. I am wondering why,

I can't sign up to get emails.It won't scroll up so I can add my info to submit it.

What did I do wrong.

• Miriam I

Hi Sandy/Chloe, thanks so much for letting us know. Can you please email our support team at support@hometalk.com so we can figure out why this is happening and resolve the issue?

• Kathy Thompson

Have you had a problem with wasps building in your flowers? They nest in my wreath and it only has a bow.

• Lisa

Are the pink faux wisteria real or fake and if they’re real how do you keep them as beautiful as they are after they’re cut?....thank you

• Amanda D

Gorgeous! Thank you for sharing, your pics and directions were super detailed 😉 I can’t wait to do this to my front door!

• Ms. G

Oh, it looks so pretty! It will not work for me because we have a storm door. I love this idea! I might do this in the back door, it makes your front door look alive and just happy!