Welcoming Wisteria Vine for Spring

$70

I needed to do something to add color and style, something bright to my front porch this season. I wanted to do something more than just a wreath or swag that people could see from the sidewalk while walking by. Many years ago we had a wisteria growing in our yard and that was my inspiration for this project. You can see more of my crafts and creations here.

I began with some faux branches, attaching them over my front door with Command hooks.

I hung the branches from the hooks and then put an additional hook upside down over the branch to make a little "U" shaped pocket to keep the branches from coming down in the wind.

This shows how I used two hooks together to secure the branches.

Here you can see in the red circles where I attached the pairs of hooks to secure the branches both above the door and along the side of the door frame.

I started adding pieces of faux wisteria to my branches. Wherever possible, I not only used hot glue, I also bent the end of the wisteria over the the crooks of the branches. Then I secured them with Gorilla brand hot glue which seems to hold up in the extreme heat we get in Florida.

I started building up my vine by attaching a number of wisteria blooms, both above and along the side of the door.

The look was lush and colorful.

I used a large urn for the base and stuck a substantial branch in the urn so it appears to be the trunk for the wisteria. I secured it in the urn with heavy stones and styrofoam. I added some greenery and pussy willows to my base urn. I would love to have you stop by my blog,  Celebrate & Decorate for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
22 Ideas To Make Your Terracotta Pots Look Oh-So-Pretty
15 Memorial Day Crafts
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
15 Amazing Things You Can Do With Paint Stirrers
Chloe Crabtree

• Rita
    Rita

How do you open glass storm door w all that hanging? I thought just no storm door until I seen reflection of rug in window.

• Marilyn
      Marilyn

I thought so too but you could possibly do this on the outside of a patio door!

• Lailasultani
    Lailasultani

It beautiful. I just moved to Florida Jacksonville and it all raining here, would the rain ruin it? I really love the idea.

• Chloe Crabtree
      Chloe Crabtree

My front door is protected by a covered porch, but I think this would hold up in the rain fine. It may not hold up more than one season, but you should get a few months out of it fine.

• Nancy
    Nancy

Absolutely gorgeous. Do you use this door much? My husband says no I said probably just lean down. Lol but that really is just beautiful. Can’t do it with screens. Mine open out. But could over a couple windows.