Upcycling of Old Canvas Frames

$5

Hello homemakers..... In our homes we have so many stuffs which are not in use anymore but we don't want to discard them as they are very nearer to our heart. Similarly I have some old painted canvases which are not in use anymore but as those are my hand painted one so I don't want to completely throw them out. So I started searching of options how to use them...then one fine day this ideas came to my mind that why not I will use them as frames on the wall...but simply wall frames ....no m not totally agree with the idea.... suddenly one idea strike me that I can use the frames as wall candle holder of wall sconce. Then I gather all my stuff and started working.

Materials required...

For this project I need five old canvas frames

Acrylic colours and led candles

Take out the frame

As these canvases are very old one and little bit torn out ....so I tear the canvas and remove the wooden frame...those canvases which are in good condition I just carefully remove the canvas sheet and take out the frame....and kept those sheets for future use.

Inprocess steps

Now the canvas frame will look like this.

Now the painting work

To paint the canvas frames I used acrylic colours....I painted each canvas frames in different bright colours like red, yellow,blue, green, brown....you can paint them in any shade.

Painting work continues

After painting the frames will look like this....bright and beautiful in their new forms.... Ohhhh I love them so much... while painting so many ideas strike me how to style them....

Final step.....Styling of the frames

Here I will show you how I style them in two different ways.... In the picture above, I hang those coloured frames and place LED candles in them and see the space become....it makes my space so romantic....

Final step....Styling of the frames continues

You can use the frames like this also.... Here I hang few wall planters and around the planters I hang those colourful frames....it's looking awesome...

Hopefully you all will also love this simple cost effective project...

• Poppy Fields

Great project love the use of frames for the planters , where did you get those planters I love them ???

• Shilpi

Thank you so much for the nice words....I got those colourful planters from local nursery