Asked on Apr 5, 2020

How to get cat fur of furniture ?

Kathy Gunter LawBetsyCarrie @ Curly Crafty Mom
+12

• Gk

You can buy a masking tape lint remover that is made specifically for pet fur. It is super sticky. I use one in my vehicle on the black carpet when the golden has been in the car. You can also use masking tape. I would vacuum first with the brush attachment if you have one. It takes a while to get most of the cat fur out.

• Mogie

I just wet and then wring out a microfiber cloth and run that over the furniture. The cat hair clings to the damp cloth. It doesn't look good but I keep a throw rug on my rattan rocker. Gets the cat hair and gives the chair a mild cleaning at the same time. The throw rug is the cats favorite place to take a nap and if I need to pick it up I quickly throw it on the floor in front of the fire place.

• Tinyshoes

Becky...I would use the lint rollers or just tape wrapped around you hand/fingers will work with sticky side on the outside of course.

• Janice

If you have a cellulose sponge, just slightly dampen it and use large stroking motion over your furniture. Keep removing the hair that comes onto the sponge with each stroke and soon you'll have the majority of it picked up.

• Deb K

Hi Becky, here is a simple inexpensive way to remove any kind of pet hair off furniture, hope it helps you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7X4KzCnDfc

• FrugalFamilyTimes.com

I like to wear a rubber glove and wipe it. It makes the fur stick and comes off easily! :)

• Morgan McBride

Something rubber can be rubbed to help get it off. Like a glove or squeegie

• Linda

I use our vacuum cleaner to remove cat hair. My sister keeps a sheet on her couch and tosses it in the wash a few times a week.

• Cynthia H

If you have a microfiber cloth you can get pet hair off almost anything. We had a long hair cat who loved cushions, furniture, carpet etc. for lounging (she now lives at my daughter's and still sheds like crazy) and the best thing I ever used was a barely damp microfiber cloth. Good luck and stay safe.

• Johnavallance82

Hello Becky,

There is a clothes brush that has a sort of velcro/velvet on it (Red Plastic) that is very good - Brush it one way and it takes up the fur, then brush it the other way and it releases it!. Otherwise try using Sellotape!!

• Carrie @ Curly Crafty Mom

Do you have a Dyson or any sort of special attachment for your vacuum cleaner that is specifically for pets? I'd try that!

Hi Becky: I usually vacuum, but if I'm in a rush, I use either a rubber glove or a moist cloth. Go one way when rubbing, or if the hair is really sticking in there, do a circular motion. This is what works for me :) Good luck

• Kathy Gunter Law

A rubber brush is the best thing I've ever used to remove cat fur.