How to Make Clothespin Carrots

$1

I have a fun and easy craft for you today! Isn't this the cutest idea?! I saw these "carrots" on Pinterest and had to make some of my own! They are the best little Farmhouse Decor pieces you need to add to your Easter vignettes or tiered tray displays or maybe all together in a cute Easter basket like I have here!

This sweet bunny likes them too! Let me show you how I made them. You may already have the items on hand and if not, there are just a few things you'll need.

You will need the following items to recreate my clothespin carrots:

Wooden clothespins (remove the spring)

Green yarn for the tops

Orange Paint

Hot Glue Gun and Glue set on low (Tacky Glue can be used as well)

STEP 1: Remove the springs from your clothespins.

STEP 2: Lay your naked pins out separately on a piece of wood or cardboard and paint with orange paint. I did not paint the flat sides because they will not show in the end.

STEP 3: Cut yarn for the tops. I cut mine slightly longer than the pins. I used 8 strands for each of my carrots, but use as many as you like for the fullness you want.

STEP 4: Glue your pins together.

NOTE: Like me, DO NOT make the mistake of gluing the yarn inside the pin, it doesn't end well and makes the pin not want to stay together and look nice.

I found by experimenting that if you glue your pins together first, then add the yarn to the top, it looks much nicer!

STEP 5: Glue 4 pieces of yarn directly on top, 2 pieces on the right side and 2 pieces on the left side.

STEP 6: Wrap one single strand of yarn from the first notch up to the top like you see here. Glue in place as you wrap.

STEP 7: Unravel the yarn for a fuller look. My yarn had 4 strands to each piece and gave this look at the end. This is totally optional of course.

Now your ready to display them! You could make a grouping like this or maybe even use them on your place setting at your table for Easter or Spring! Have fun!

I hope you try these cute little carrots! This would be a fun project to keep the kiddos entertained too!

Thanks for looking! :)

Please visit my blog for more fun Spring ideas. Click here.

Need an idea for your Easter Table Setting? Click right here.

18 Wintery Wreath Ideas That You'll Want To Make For Your Home
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
25 Impressive Ways You Can Update Your Ikea Purchases!
How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
DeeDee

• Carole White
    Carole White

These are the cutest carrots I've ever seen! Gotta try this; thanks for sharing

• Kelly J. Tinney
    Kelly J. Tinney

Get out of here! Those are too stinking adorable!!! 🥕🥕 🧡🧡 And how easy and cheap are these to make. Another WIN WIN!