Farmhouse Cup Holder

$20

Easy and Cheap..really cheap cup holder!

Grabbing Supplies

Since I was trying to use what I already had.. I found an old sign made out of plywood in my barn. Plus I hit the jackpot when I found a bunch of hooks I meant to use on a different project, but forgot about.

Staining!

After a lot of sanding to remove the old paint of my sign I finished using 220 grit for a soft feel. Perfect now to apply stain with a rag without getting splinters!

Also since I decided I wanted the hooks to be a darker color I spray painted them with Rust-Oleum black.

Sealing for protection

After the stain dried in the sun for about an hour I was able to apply a polyacrylic. I used a brush for the step. One thin coat is all it needed and I gave it a pretty satin sheen.

Drilling holes

Once I decided where I wanted the hooks we drilled holes right through the holes that were already in the hooks. I have to admit one of them shifted so it's not completely even...(story of my life) since it wasn't really noticeable I went ahead and I left it.

Finished!

I put a couple sawtooth back holders on my back of the plywood and hung it right above my coffee pot. It is simple and cost so much less than anything I could find online... especially since I had everything on hand. 😁😁

To see more: //www.Facebook.com/EasternShoreChic