Quick and Easy Bathroom Floor Update

$100
1 Day

For under $100, I completely transformed my bathroom floor! In this easy weekend project, see how you can lay vinyl sheet flooring to quickly get a new look!

I wasn't a huge fan of the floors in my bathroom - I always felt that they looked dirty. Since I was updating the rest of the bathroom ( check out how I painted my bathtub,) it was a no-brainer that the floors would get a new look too!

I started by removing the air vent cover and all of the shoe molding. Then I thoroughly cleaned the floor, since I didn't want to leave debris trapped between the old and new floors.

Before laying the flooring out in the bathroom, I cut a slit where the toilet would be with a utility knife.

Then I laid out the floor. There was a lot of adjustment before I felt that things were generally in the right spot.

Once I was confident the floor was generally placed correctly, I started cutting slits around the toilet. This gave me a better idea of where the toilet base was located, so I could cut a more precise outline.

Then I cut off the slits and arranged the floor around the toilet.

Then I trimmed the perimeter of the floor.

I also cut the whole for the air vent.

To secure the floor, I added double sided floor tape underneath the areas where no shoe molding would be (in front of the bathtub and around the toilet.) The installation instructions were clear not to put tape around the perimeter of the room.

Then I replaced the shoe molding with a nail gun.

Finally, I caulked all the gaps and added a transition strip at the front of the room.

This was an easy project that made a huge difference in the look of the space!

I absolutely love how it turned out, and am so glad I decided to make the upgrade! If you have questions or want more information, check out the full blog post!

Upgrade Your Backyard With These 30 Clever Ideas
30 Different Ways to DIY an Adorable Snowman This Winter
30 Neat Ideas To Upgrade Your Backyard
Hometalk's Top 20 DIY Crafts For Kids
15 Memorial Day Crafts
15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
Use Ribbon To Decorate For Christmas With These Last Minute Ideas!
25 Fun Things You'll Want to DIY Before the Spring Arrives
15 Decor Projects That Will Make Your Home Beautiful
Lindsay Fay

• Peggie Beck Dennehy

Why didn’t you just disconnect the toilet and lift it? Would have made much cleaner look and all it would have cost you would be a new wax ring.

I have done it myself, and even at 65 yes old it’s an easy job

• Anna

I was thinking the same thing...it is a lot of work to take out the toilet, but over time it will pay off! Just speaking from personal experience. I love the selection of flooring & it was finished off very nicely.

• Suzann

Would it be possible to paint the best register with high heat white spray paint? It wouldn't stand out so much.

• Debra

There would be no need to use high heat paint. The air that comes out is not that hot.

• Flipturn

Was the original flooring ceramic tile or vinyl flooring that just looked like tile?

• Carol Cole

• Adrienne

Great new look! But easy? That would take me a week, then the result would have been a mess. So good for you! Good job 😀

ps: re: your painting your tub, I spray painted my sons toilet high gloss white (Rustoleum) and turned out great.