DIY Picket Fence Decor

$1

I have gotten so many questions about a picket fence I bought on sale from Michaels 3 springs ago, & its no longer available. It was super cute & I really wanted another one for my spring/Easter tablescape, so I thought I would make a DIY version!

Make these adorable mini picket fence placemats completely out of paint sticks!

Supplies

Supplies:

• (1) Packs of 5 Gallon Paint Sticks 
  • (5) Packs of 1 Gallon Paint Sticks
  • Hot Glue/Gorilla Glue
  • Spray Paint

Start by cutting the base for your fence out of 2 of the 5-gallon paint sticks. Make them long enough so they stick out a bit underneath a standard size plate. For me, I just cut them right under the curved part again because I wanted them pretty wide.

Once your base is cut, start at the end & attaché your first 1-gallon paint stick with hot glue. This time for a spacer I used a command strip.

Move along the entire base attaching your smaller paint sticks.

After they are all attached flip it over & measure where your last diagonal piece will go. Cut it down to size & attach it the same way.

Ta-Da

You can spray paint the paint sticks before of after your placemat is assembled, both ways work out just fine! I made a set of six so each spot at our dinning room table would have one & I absolutely love how they turned out! Plus they cost less than $1 a piece to make so this was the perfect budget savvy project!

Head on over to the blog to see how I made a large picket fence for a centerpiece!

Mini Picket Fence Placemats

Large Picket Fence

Lia with Southern Yankee DIY

• AndradeTea

Adorable! I think the use of peel n stick "feet" could correct an issue of unevenness? Such a creative use of materials!

• Monroe Bryant

Why didn’t you cut the diagonal pice so it would fit between the two horizontal ones. Seems the way you did it, it would wobble,

on the table. Alternately, cut two small pieces and glue then on the opposite corners. Just a thought.

• Rynn

Wow! Such a cute, yet very doable project. The fence looks so perfect for Spring, and it is a cute way to dress up your table. I was thinking that you could alternate with vines, flowers, etc to adapt them for every season of then year. Wouldn't they be adorable with a red cardinal and maybe a piece of greenery for winter? Again, love your idea ! Enjoy !