"Green With Envy" Dresser Makeover

4 materials
$75

I had some luck finding dressers to make over right before this Corona Virus hit. This is the last dresser I had in my “project pile” to complete before everything shut down and I couldn’t go out and hunt for new projects.

I picked up this dresser at my local Restore. It had so many cute details, but it also had some issues. 

The bottom part of the dresser had some veneer that was chipping off and someone just put a heavy coat of poly on top of that area. I have shared the  easy way to remove veneer from furniture, but since this was such a small area, I used one of my favorite tools – the  Wagner Heat Gun. I have tried many heat guns, but this one is my favorite. It under three minutes, I had all the chipped veneer off the bottom part of the dresser. I use a  small putty knife and peel back the veneer when the heat gun gets it warm enough. Once the veneer was off, I used my  orbital sander and sanded down the bottom piece to make it smooth and ready for paint. 

Once I had that part of the work done, I could appreciate the fun details the dresser had.

Now, it was ready to paint! I used my favorite primer, my favorite paint brushes and a new paint color and wax on this dresser. To see the entire list of products, head to my blog post: https://mycreativedays.porch.com/green-painted-dresser-makeover/

BOSS was the first thing I applied to the dresser. It makes painted makeovers a breeze.

Then, I added the paint. I LOVED this color. It was my first time using it. Once that dried, I decided to try the wax over the paint.

The wax really deepened the green color and made the dresser STUNNING!!!

I put the original hardware back on the dresser and it was complete. This is a statement piece that I would use in many different rooms. We don’t have room for it in our home, but I know the person who buys it will have a beautiful piece, full of character to add to their space. 

Lindsay Eidahl

Questions on this post

Your question...
3 of 6 questions

Comments

2 of 31 comments
Next