Homemade Disinfecting Wipes

3 materials

Maybe you are having a hard time finding disinfecting wipes in the stores these days due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The following is an easy recipe my mother shared with me for making Homemade Disinfecting Wipes. Bonus. I was so lucky and surprised to have everything I needed right in my own cabinets, including the 91% alcohol! I know this stuff is sold out everywhere at the moment. Hopefully you have some on hand too! Here is what you will need.

Gather your ingredients

Here are the ingredients you will need.

• Paper towel
  • Dawn dish soap
  • isopropyl alcohol (91%)
  • essential oils (optional)
Cut your paper towels

Cut your paper towel roll in half using a serrated knife or scissors. I unraveled one side and added it to the other, and then put the roll into my container. I used an Oxo container from my pantry that wasn’t being used. You can use whatever you have on hand.

Stick them in a tall container

Pour your mixture over them

This is the formula that I used…

• 1/4 cup water
  • 1/2 cup alcohol (For this recipe it must be 91% alcohol)
  • 1/2 tablespoon of Dawn dish soap
  • Add 10-15 drops of Essential Oils (I used lemongrass)

Mix thoroughly then pour the mixture right over the paper towels. 

Side Note: Essential oils are a natural disinfectant. Other good essential oil combos include…

• Peppermint & Tea Tree
  • Lemongrass & Lavender
  • Lavender & Rosemary
  • Geranium & Lime
  • Tea Tree & Orange
Pull out the center roll

I left the center roll in and was able to pull it out after waiting a minute or two, or when it was wet enough to just pull right out.

That is it!

Once done, put on a label (optional) and enjoy! I like to put some of these in a ziplock baggie when I go grocery shopping to disinfect the grocery cart, my hands, my steering wheel or whatever needs disinfecting.

The House house

Questions on this post

Your question...
3 of 45 questions

Comments

2 of 150 comments
Next