Handmade Woven Wreath-Dressed for Spring

$5

In this tutorial I show you how to make a woven wreath. Simple and easy to decorate for different seasons. Here I used macrame cord and felt flowers. However, you could use twine or jute rope, raffia or even yarn! The sky is the limit!

Step 1: Gather your materials

You will need a wire wreath form. This is a small one that I got at the Dollar Tree. Next Bonnie cording. Felt if you are planning to make flowers. Hot glue for attaching your embellishments. A lighter for fusing the cord to itself. A Tape measure for measuring your lengths of cord.

Step 2: Cut the cord to a manageable length.

I cut mine about 140" long. There is a lot of pulling through at the beginning.

Step 3: Start Weaving

If you are using the bonnie cord, it is a poly blend and can be fused if heated with a lighter. Just heat the cut ends and it will begin to melt and you can wrap it around the first loop and then just stick it to itself. The video will show you better, I couldn't fuse it and take a picture at the same time. Then you just begin weaving over under, over under.

Step 4: Continue Weaving

You are going over the bottom wire, under the second, over the third and then under and around the top wire, then back down, under over under over and then loop around and go back up. It's really quite enjoyable!

When you get to one of the vertical wires, simply pull the cord over the entire wreath frame to cover the wire, and continue on the other side weaving over and under. It is the best way I could figure to deal with those bars. I tried wrapping around them, but it just looked messy.

When you run out of cord, you can just tie on some new cord, or if you have the Bonnie cord, you can heat it with a lighter and fuse a new piece on to the old one. Just be careful, I did burn myself once!

Keep going all the way around the frame. Tie it off or fuse the end on the back.

Now the fun part, dress up your wreath. You can use anything with these. I could see going in a nautical direction with this. Perhaps some lavender or some other pretty fake flowers. Whatever your heart desires! You can just hot glue them on, or use a wire if you want to change it out for the seasons.

I pictured mine with felt flowers. I found two excellent tutorials for making the flowers that I chose. I share those links over on my blog.

https://theeverydayfarmhouse.com/woven-wreath-dressed-for-spring/

There is also a video below to help you see the process! I hope you make a woven wreath for your own home!

3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
32 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
Fun Father's Day Gift Ideas You Can Make Yourself
These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
Super Cool Painting Techniques You've Probably Never Seen!
Hide Your Couch's Wear and Tear With These Great Ideas
12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For
3 Gorgeous And Unique Ideas To Display Your Plants
Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
16 Floating Shelves That Will Stun Guests
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
Jenn Dynys

• Patricia Skula

What color cord did you use ? Thanks

• Jenn Dynys

You are right! I was in Hobby Lobby today, and I checked. It is Lambs Wool. Thanks!

• Patricia Skula

Thanks for responding in a timely fashion My local hobby Lobby is out of stock in that color so I have to wait to see if it comes back in ! I love that color can’t wait to make it

• Jennifer Djukic

How much cord did you use for the full wreath?

• Gert Domber

THAT IS SO NEAT, NEVER SEEN IT BEFORE.

• June Ginsburg

I made my Easter cross in this pattern

and I love it. I will look for the cord at Hobby lobby.