Repurposed Vintage Cheese Grater Organizer

$5

With the repurposing of this vintage cheese grater, I'm preparing to teach a class at our local library. I'm making projects similar to those I've made in the past and sold. I want to show the people that come to my class how they can turn an old item into something new and fun for their homes.

Today I'm repurposing an old cheese grater and a sign that I had leftover from a baby shower. You can also use a piece of reclaimed wood of any kind. 

I began by flipping the sign over and and attaching the cheese grater with small screws. 

Before I attached the cheese grater I removed the vinyl lettering on the original sign with a razor blade then painted the back black. 

I jammed a piece of wood into the bottom of the cheese grater to create a base. The base can hold a jar to hold flowers in water or so you can fill the cheese grater with kitchen items. I added a metal flower decoration to the top of the board. 

I added a saw tooth hanger on the back of the wooden sign and hung it on the wall. 

You can fill the cheese grater with fresh flowers by adding a jar to the inside or use faux flowers. 

If you want to use the cheese grater in the kitchen it can hold wooden spoons and spatulas. 

Thanks so much for visiting and I hope you'll sign up for the Homeroad emails by visiting Homeroad.net so I can send my latest DIY tutorial straight to you! 

Visit the post at Homeroad >> https://www.homeroad.net/2020/03/repurposed-vintage-cheese-grater.html

Homeroad

• Alicia M.

I made mine!! Thank you so much!!!

• Alicia M.

Amazon!! I clap my hands every time I see an amazon prime truck 😝

• Molly

Anne you addressed this- but how do you get the wood you “jammed” into the bottom as the floor, stay in? I would think with something as heavy as a mat it would fall out. I want to make this, it is adorable!!!

• Homeroad

Hi Molly, Susan here. There is a lip on the cheese grater and the wood just sits in the lip.

• Louise

How do you fit small screws. I don’t get how.

• Homeroad

They are only at the very top of the grater two screws from the inside, into the board.

• Rose Zuniga

Oh yes..l actually have vases in my countertop with my utensils for cooking n another vase with my kitchen knifes don't have to got through drawers. 👍🙋‍♀️💕

• Homeroad

Glad you like it! Thanks so much for visiting! Please follow along at Homeroad.net :)