Repurposed Vintage Cheese Grater Organizer

$5

With the repurposing of this vintage cheese grater, I'm preparing to teach a class at our local library. I'm making projects similar to those I've made in the past and sold. I want to show the people that come to my class how they can turn an old item into something new and fun for their homes.

Today I'm repurposing an old cheese grater and a sign that I had leftover from a baby shower. You can also use a piece of reclaimed wood of any kind. 

I began by flipping the sign over and and attaching the cheese grater with small screws. 

Before I attached the cheese grater I removed the vinyl lettering on the original sign with a razor blade then painted the back black. 

I jammed a piece of wood into the bottom of the cheese grater to create a base. The base can hold a jar to hold flowers in water or so you can fill the cheese grater with kitchen items. I added a metal flower decoration to the top of the board. 

I added a saw tooth hanger on the back of the wooden sign and hung it on the wall. 

You can fill the cheese grater with fresh flowers by adding a jar to the inside or use faux flowers. 

If you want to use the cheese grater in the kitchen it can hold wooden spoons and spatulas. 

Thanks so much for visiting and I hope you'll sign up for the Homeroad emails by visiting Homeroad.net so I can send my latest DIY tutorial straight to you! 

Visit the post at Homeroad >> https://www.homeroad.net/2020/03/repurposed-vintage-cheese-grater.html

The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
Fun Father's Day Gift Ideas You Can Make Yourself
Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas
Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
Homeroad

• Alicia M.
    Alicia M.

I made mine!! Thank you so much!!!

• Alicia M.
      Alicia M.

Amazon!! I clap my hands every time I see an amazon prime truck 😝

• Molly
    Molly

Anne you addressed this- but how do you get the wood you “jammed” into the bottom as the floor, stay in? I would think with something as heavy as a mat it would fall out. I want to make this, it is adorable!!!

• Shirley
      Shirley

Make sure your wood is not too small. Even if yours doesn't have that lip, you can cut the wood to fit so it won't fall out.

• Jennifer
    Jennifer
    2 hours ago

Did you hammer down the grates at all or do anything to make the grater less sharp? My clumsy butt would find a way to bump into this and cut myself.

• Homeroad
      Homeroad
      Just now

No I did not. I just hung it at a height where nobody would get hurt. You could file down the grates.