DIY | "Watercolor" Gallery Wall

$50

I have a long hallway that I wanted to spruce up a bit. It doesn’t get much natural light and always seems so dark. I thought a row of simple frames would work best in the space.

I didn’t want to spend much on this little project and instead of buying framed prints I decided to use some of my own photos and the Waterlogue app.

Download The Waterlogue App

I don’t know if you have ever used the Waterlogue app before but it is so cool! It takes an ordinary photograph and turns it into a painting. I love what is does to pictures of flowers and scenery shots. The best part is that it’s free!!

Choose Your Favorites Photos

I always take a ton of pictures so I had so many to choose from.

I settled on a series of pictures I took last summer on a trip up the coast to Rockland, Maine. It’s a picturesque little New England town-it’s exactly what you picture Maine looks like if you have never had the chance to visit.

Upload Your Pictures To The App

After I chose my photos, I ran each one through the app then saved the finished product back to my camera roll.

This is what they look like afterward; aren’t they pretty?

Framing Your Pictures

I ordered 11” x14” prints online; I did the 1 hour photo at my local Walgreens. I wanted a simple, clean look and bought 16x20 inch black frames and white mattes with a 11x14 inch opening from Michael's; I hit a sale and the frames were buy 1 get 2 free.

Matte Your Prints

I taped the four corners of the print to the back side of the matte

The Finished Pictures

To hang my prints, I started by finding the center point of the wall and how high I wanted my pictures to hang and put in a nail. I figured out how far apart I wanted the frames and using a level w/ a ruler measured and marked the spots on either side of the middle nail then hung all 3 frames.

Hallway View

The frames are the perfect compliment to my long hallway! Come check out some of my other home decor projects over on my blog.

3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss
15 Decor Projects That Will Make Your Home Beautiful
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
3 Great Ideas To Easily Upgrade Your Window
Jennifer Howard| Cottage On Bunker Hill