Second year of the flower bed. I've added more and different plants. As they fill in over this season it will look even better. I've found out not all plants like mulched dirt so some of last years plants did not make it. Trial and error. All is good. Good luck on trying this in your own area.
Triangle Flower Bed
Triangle flower bed made from reclaimed cinderblocks and mulch I've been working with on. Cost will depend on what cinderblocks or bricks used for the front, how big the flower bed is, and how much soil/dirt has to be purchased. I'm putting the actual cost I've put put of pocket but it could be more or less.
Triangle flower bed
Layout the flower bed
Layed out the design on the ground of were I felt the new flower bed would look and how big it would be. This is in a corner of the house. A fence on the right and back with the house on the left. The front opens up to the backyard.
I moved some cinderblocks that I had from another flower bed that was not working due to it being too much in the shade. I moved the cinderblocks along the front trying to follow the line on the ground. I was also working with tree roots above the ground in the area. I didn't want to buy more cinderblocks so it took a little bit of time to get them as close to filling the layout on the ground as close as possible.
Dirt time - front view
Now it's time to fill the new flower bed with dirt. Little did I know it was going to take so much dirt to fill it. I used some inert mulch that I've been working on for 2 years of pine needles, leaves, dirt, and ash from the firepit. I also then bought 10 bags of 2 cubic feet of container soil that went on the top once the free dirt was in place.
Back side of the dirt
Here is a picture of the back side of the flower bed standing in the corner of the yard.
Sheet metal going up
Now it's time to put the side panels up. I used green fence posts of different sizes depending on how high the metal siding was going to be. This can be all the same size if you want. I liked the step sides as not to make my neighbors think I was trying to block all the mess on their property. I was able to cut one sheet to get the tallest panel and the smallest one out of one sheet. I them cut one sheet in half to get the other size. I did one last cut for another smaller and the medium panels. Make sure you use gloves with the metal sheets or they will cut you.
Side view of the panels
After the side metal sheets were cut I drilled the holes through the green poles and through the metal sheets. Screws and nuts used to hold the metal sheets to the green poles.
Put some flowers in, water, and let it all grow. This is the picture the first year. The first picture is this years. I may eventually put cascading plants in the cinderblocks holes but I'm not sure what ones will work best as partial shade plants.