Asked on Apr 15, 2020

How can I reuse indoor sofa??

Johnavallance82Cynthia HCindy
+6

I'd like to repurpose my old indoor sofa with something water repellent for the patio.

• Gk
    Gk

Here's an idea for you!

https://www.hometalk.com/1640828/upcycle-indoor-love-seat-to-outdoor-couch

• Kathy Gunter Law
    Kathy Gunter Law

You could cover with pretty shower curtains for a quick and easy solution.

• Dee
    Dee

You can recover it with Sunbrella fabric. It is fade resistant and waterproof

• This may not be the best choice... Besides the fabric needing to be outdoor fabric, the actual stuffing material would need to be changed so that it wouldn't absorb moisture and not dry... Then you have the wood frame that isn't the right kind of wood nor treated for outdoors... I'm all about repurposing, but some things just aren't good choices for every purpose.

• Nan W.
    Nan W.

Diane: Hmmm... I don't know if that is a wise decision... lots of "critters" can get into it! ...even if you cover with Sunbrella fabric.

• Morgan McBride
    Morgan McBride

I don't think that is possible. Maybe get a wooden bench instead.

• Cindy
    Cindy

Hi Diane. For what it would cost you to convert your sofa, you could buy a new outdoor sofa. Good luck Diane. Stay well and healthy.

• Cynthia H
    Cynthia H

Hi! The biggest problem you are going to have is that none of the components that make up the couch are intended for outdoors. The upholstery, the frame, is going to fall apart after getting wet, and probably get moldy. Sorry not to be more helpful! Stay safe!

• Johnavallance82
    Johnavallance82

Hi Diane,

Recover it in a good Shower curtain fabric if you are not able to do any better!