Updating an Old Dresser

$15

I wanted to give new life to a dresser I bought 8 years ago! I found a picture of what I wanted. It was a moss green dresser with stenciled numbers under the knobs today add some character. I bought the chalk paint and stencils and black acrylic paint from wal mart. I already had a drop cloth and a roller at home. I emptied out the dresser and took out the drawers and wiped down the dresser with a wet towel. You don’t have to do any prep with chalk paint but I was just dusting it off. I painted the base first and then did the drawers. I did three coats. The next day I put some black acrylic paint on a paper plate and got a little sponge to do the numbers under the knobs. This was a super easy project, but made a big difference.

The chalk paint I used

Before

One side done.

Stencils and black acrylic paint

1 coat

1st coat

After second coat, needs one more

After

• Chalk paint  (Wal mart)
  • Paint roller  (Wal mart)
  • Sponge  (Wal mart)

• Karen Pratt

Why the numbers?

• Angie

What was the exact brand size, color and place where you bought the paint. I adore the beautiful job you did.& it's my Favorite color green! I also am wondering if I could do it the same way on a dresser that is basic

wood, instead of the already painted white dresser you began with. Do I need to use a primer first or any other steps aside from just the Chalk paint you used (I think it says it's from Walmart, but I wanted to be sure & wondered if you had the approximate price for that brand & siz!??) I'm SO impressed. It's Just PERFECT for what I'd like to do! Great job & thank you!🤗💚👍⁉️

• Pineapple

She shows the brand of paint in one of the pictures. It’s Waverly Chalk Paint. Walmart sells it. It’s called Moss. Less than $7.00 for an 8 ounce jar. If you to paint a standard wood dresser, you need to clean it well, scuff sand with 220 grit sandpaper, wipe off the dust and just paint. If you are painting wood that is a known bleeder such as mahogany, cherry or maple, you will need to use a stain blocking primer such as Bin Shellac-based primer first.

• Lisa

Very nice job. May I ask where you purchased the clock?

Beautiful transformation. Perfect color. Brings out the case and drawer details that were lost in white. Good job and great share

• Julie Moyna

Great job!