DIY Superhero Comic Side Table Makeover

$15
1 Day

Our family loves superheros and my son wanted to update his room. I found this little old table on Facebook Marketplace for $10, and with a little paint, superheros, and a little love we gave this side table a makeover.

You can see more of my crazy creations here

Here's the original side table - clearly it had been well used and needed a little love.

I started by sanding the piece with my Black & Decker Orbital Sander.

I cleaned the whole piece with denatured alcohol.

I painted the piece with Folk Art Home Decor Chalk paint in the color Imperial. I gave it total of 2 coats letting it dry between each coat.

I then made a template with recycled paper for the top of the table and the shelf below.

I used the template to cut my superhero comic fabric.

I placed a layer of Mod Podge onto the tops of the table and the shelf below.

I pressed the fabric onto the Mod Podge and into place.

I placed a coat of Mod Podge over the top of the fabric to seal and protect it. Mod Podge goes on white and dries clear.

We love how the table turned out.

I would love to have you stop by my blog    Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/c/chascrazycreations

15 Memorial Day Crafts
15 Stencil Patterns You'll Wish You'd Seen Sooner
31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
Valentine's Day Is Getting Closer! Get Ready With These Lovely Ideas
Live Life In Color With These Amazing Ideas For Your Home
Transform Tuna Cans Into Gorgeous Lighting In 10 Simple Steps
Chas' Crazy Creations