Scrap Wood Accent Table

$40

While cleaning up the garage I came across a decent piece of live edge scrap from a project decided to turn it into something

Step 1 locate the material

Nice piece of live edge popular wood I had hidden under a pile of scraps

Step 2 measure and cut

Determine size and height of table you wish to build mine ended up being 28” long by 16” high height was determined by legs being used. Width at widest point was 15”. Cut pieces at a 45 degree angle using a miter saw.

Step 3 assembly

After aligning the two pieces I predrilled holes using a counter sinking drill bit attached both sections together with 21/2 inch construction screws.

Step 4 wood filler

Using the two part varathane wood filler I filled holes and seam of wood together.

Step 5 position legs

Using hairpin legs purchased on amazon I determined where legs would be positioned. I marked legs and holes with a pencil.

Step 6 predrill

Using an 1/8 drill bit I predrilled holes I marked. This is a hardwood so pre-drilling makes assembling easier.

Step 7 prep

With legs now attached it was time to prep. Using orbital sander starting with 80 grit sandpaper begin sanding and smoothing all areas of the surface and edges. Once happy with smoothness switch to a 180 grit sandpaper. And once more using a 220 grit sandpaper. By now you should have a smooth surface free of defects.

Step 8 tack cloth

Blow off and excess dust and clean workspace. Using a tack cloth clean and wipe down wood.

Step 9 stain and top coat

Using a sponge brush I stained wood using min wax dark walnut stain. I allowed this to dry 24hrs. Using tack cloth I again cleaned surface following by a top coat application of a matte polyurethane.

Step 10 complete

Now that your new live edge waterfall accent table is complete it is time to put it to use and enjoy.