DIY Porch Stool Made From Scrap Wood

$5

Wooden porch stool made out of scrap wood!Often times when you think of building things, you think of larger scale items. Well, with everything going on in my own life ( lighting strike = house fire) and being displaced, plus, everything going on with the Covid-19 situation, I have been busy homeschooling, etc. Plus, I have definitely have not been wanting to go out shopping to buy supplies. So I decided I was going to build something out of my scrap piles of wood.

Let’s Make It Together!

I have a huge (and that’s definitely an understatement at the moment, since our house had to have a TON of it’s original wood torn out of it) scrap pile of wood and a collection of small wooden spindles that I had saved from a burn pile!

Supplies:

• Scrap wood
  • Handheld circular saw
  • Air nailer or power drill
  • Paint
The pieces with the spindles had a back piece to them so I took two pieces of lath and nailed them with the air nailer to the front and back to create a sturdy base.
I then took pieces of our tongue and groove attic flooring and cut them using a handheld circular saw to the same length.
Next I used the nail gun again to nail the flooring pieces to the top of the leg stand/base.
Thankfully, I had some paint in my car along with a paint brush because earlier in the week I had been testing out a few colors on the house (we are changing the paint color). I slapped a coat of Behr paint in the color of Heritage Park, a super lovely shade of green and fell in love! While it dried, I ran back to our temporary living situation and grabbed some pretties to decorate with!
Books: from thrift storeMug: from thrift storeWooden Crate: from thrift storePlants: I shared about all of my farmhouse plants  HERE!Wooden Beads: I shared my tutorial  HERE!Wooden Porch Sign: I shared my tutorial  HERE!Wooden Bird House: was in our yard at our 1st house in Georgia and I took it with us when we sold it! (same with the red church bird house above) — ohhh the memories!Wooden Spindle: part of my salvaged collection!
I absolutely love the way it turned out! 

Gathered In The Kitchen

• Emmawilliams1

my goodness..Have had a little table that has been sitting out for dumpster forever...Think I will do your little cute ideas for one of my side porches...Thanks! Why does no one want to pick up some of these cute little things? hmmmm...

• Robyn Garner

So much happening and you still did a build? WoW! 😎

• Tammy F

That table is so cute! Makes me want to do something to my end table! You are going through so much and still did a project! Sending love, prayers and encouragement to you! You’ve got this !!!!