$50 Exercise Room Makeover

2 materials
$50

Home gyms are where its at these days. See how I transformed my home gym for $50 and now am motivated to get off the couch and start moving!

Before

I actually like to workout. I have been doing home workouts for the past 8 or so years. I use to have a gym membership for years before that but found every time I went to the gym, I didn't know how to use half the equipment and the ones I did know how were usually taken and you had to wait your turn to get sit in someone else's sweat...eew!

I had my weights and equipment in my bedroom and for the past two years have really worn out my carpet in a couple of areas. We decided to make a switch out and utilize the guest room that never serviced guests and to make it into a room we would actually use.

Before prep

To start, I love to bargain shop. There are a couple of stores near me that I hit frequently because they sell discounted items from Costco and Target that didn't sell in stores. As I was at one of these stores, there have been five rolls of wallpaper I had my eye on. Every time I went I would see if the price was ever marked down. Originally, they were $29.99/ roll and the new marked down price was $17.99 / roll. Still a little to high for me. Well, one day I went in and the same rolls were finally marked down to $5/ roll. To be honest, I didn't love the print but at that price I could surely use them somewhere and all five rolls still cost less than a gallon of paint.

I decided to buy it and thought my exercise room would be the perfect place for it. Again, I didn't love the print and was not my style at all but again, I hate painting and if I hung the wallpaper and hated then taking it off would only be a $25 loss.

I had just got done hanging wallpaper in my laundry room which I will share in another post so I have become an expert when it comes to peel and stick wallpaper...or so I thought! One accent wall I thought would be a piece of cake but one thing I have learned is, not all peel and stick wallpaper is created equal.

In my laundry room I used some Property Brothers Scott Living that I got at Lowes for $30/ roll. It was great. This was a brand I got from Target for $5/ Roll and I will tell you it was the quality of $5 / roll.

It was thin, the green color got all over my hands, it kept rolling up on itself and creating creases and it air bubbled like crazy!

After

How did I do this all for $50? Well the wallpaper like I said was only $25, the artwork I printed at home for free and put them in frames I already had lying in a box in a closet and the mirrors I got for $6 each from Walmart.

I went with a Rocky theme room! There is a background story to this theme. Growing up with three older brothers in the 80s, they had a "Rocky Club" in our basement so this is an ode to my brothers. I am motivated when I see that "You're gonna eat lightning and you're gonna crap thunder" poster! haha!

I do not miss the gym when I have this personalized room just for me. I actually love the black cat wallpaper now! I hope this inspires you to keep moving during this quarantine and you don't have to break the bank to do it.

Questions on this post

Your question...

Comments

2 comments
Next