Scrap Wood Desk

$70
1 Day
Advanced

Since this quarantine is preventing me from freely roaming the hardware stores, I decided to take a bunch of scarp wood that I found and create a desk! Keep scrolling to see how I transformed these scrap chevron wood pieces into my new work station!

These are the chevron scrap wood pieces that I started with. They are each separate but I lined them up to start to form the desk.

I separated the leftover chevron pieces and put them next to the line of chevron pieces to make the top of the desk wider.

I took a miter saw to cut the ends to make them flush.

I secured all the chevron pieces together by taking 1x2s to create a brace on the underneath. I secured them with a nail gun and wood glue.

Framing

I framed out the desk top in 1x2s.

Fill in the holes and gaps

I took plastic wood filler and filled in all the cracks, gaps, and nail holes. This plastic wood filler is so easy to use, sand, and stain. It looks like a mess but the sander will sand off all of the excess.

This part took the longest but so worth it! I used an electric sander and slowly progressed my sand paper from heavy to fine grit sandpaper.

Finished sanding.

I mixed a gray stain and a dark walnut stain together to create this color.

The finished product!

I bought legs off of amazon and attached them to create my new desk!

16 Fun Ways You Can Use Food To Decorate Your Home
Valentine's Day Is Getting Closer! Get Ready With These Lovely Ideas
The Cutest Ways to Decorate Your Front Porch for Easter!
30 Jewelry Organizing Ideas That Are Better Than a Jewelry Box
31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers

• Ellen
    Ellen

What a beautiful result from scraps of wood! I'd like to know if you put anything on the top like polycrylic for protection? Sorry about the spelling!

• Barbara Anne Ashton
    Barbara Anne Ashton

Wow so beautiful ,your colour is nice one of a kind ,

• Dee
    Dee

What a great job you did on the desk. I have never had any luck staining the plastic wood filler. What is your secret?