Sheep Toilet Paper Holder, Inspired by Boredom During the Lockdown

$1

During the Covid lockdown, I have tried to keep myself from getting bored by using what I have around the house to make stuff, this is one project

Gathering Materials

A short piece of plastic drainpipe

Some scrap wood

A few screws

Marking the pipe

Using a toilet roll inner tube I marked the length of drainpipe I needed (about 1cm shorter than the cardboard tube length)

I cut this with the band saw and lightly sanded the ends to remove burrs

Making the "belly"

I cut the pipe lengthways and again lightly sanded all edges

Bending the drainpipe

The drainpipe diameter was a bit smaller than I wanted so I put the 2 pieces in boiling water to soften them.

Bending the drainpipe

Then I wrapped them around a pot of the correct diameter and weighted it with a brick while it cooled

Making a template for the head

I drew a cartoony sheep's face and cut it out then used it as a template on a piece of scrap mahogany decking

Cutting out the head

I used the bandsaw, sanded, and drilled the eye holes, I also used a white paint marker to paint the whites of the eyes.

Making the piece for Inside the loo roll

I cut a short length of wood to fit inside the cardboard tube, this was a piece of octagonal wood I had that I then sanded to fit.

The face was then attached to this using black screws which will also be the eye pupils

Making the legs

I cut 4 short pieces of mahogany board as legs and sanded them

Attaching the legs

Using small screws I attached the legs to the "belly". Note the first set of holes I drilled were too far out so I redrilled.

The legs had a small pilot hole drilled to prevent them splitting when doing up the screws

Finishing it up

I gave all the wood a coat of food safe oil to preserve and bring out the colour then I put the head assembly in the toilet roll and placed the toilet roll on the belly and placed on the cistern.

Makes a change from a crocheted princess!😀

The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
15 Home Improvement DIY Ideas You'll Want To Copy This Month
Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
15 Simple Projects Under 30 Min To Get You Ready For The Spring Season
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day

• Johanne Palange
    Johanne Palange

Really creative. Nicely done. But must we wait for enforced isolation to be creative?

• Ella Goebel
      Ella Goebel

My son and I were just commenting that we don't know if people are more creative or just have more time to post - probably both!