Sheep Toilet Paper Holder, Inspired by Boredom During the Lockdown

$1

During the Covid lockdown, I have tried to keep myself from getting bored by using what I have around the house to make stuff, this is one project

Gathering Materials

A short piece of plastic drainpipe

Some scrap wood

A few screws

Marking the pipe

Using a toilet roll inner tube I marked the length of drainpipe I needed (about 1cm shorter than the cardboard tube length)

I cut this with the band saw and lightly sanded the ends to remove burrs

Making the "belly"

I cut the pipe lengthways and again lightly sanded all edges

Bending the drainpipe

The drainpipe diameter was a bit smaller than I wanted so I put the 2 pieces in boiling water to soften them.

Bending the drainpipe

Then I wrapped them around a pot of the correct diameter and weighted it with a brick while it cooled

Making a template for the head

I drew a cartoony sheep's face and cut it out then used it as a template on a piece of scrap mahogany decking

Cutting out the head

I used the bandsaw, sanded, and drilled the eye holes, I also used a white paint marker to paint the whites of the eyes.

Making the piece for Inside the loo roll

I cut a short length of wood to fit inside the cardboard tube, this was a piece of octagonal wood I had that I then sanded to fit.

The face was then attached to this using black screws which will also be the eye pupils

Making the legs

I cut 4 short pieces of mahogany board as legs and sanded them

Attaching the legs

Using small screws I attached the legs to the "belly". Note the first set of holes I drilled were too far out so I redrilled.

The legs had a small pilot hole drilled to prevent them splitting when doing up the screws

Finishing it up

I gave all the wood a coat of food safe oil to preserve and bring out the colour then I put the head assembly in the toilet roll and placed the toilet roll on the belly and placed on the cistern.

Makes a change from a crocheted princess!😀

• Johanne Palange

Really creative. Nicely done. But must we wait for enforced isolation to be creative?

• Ella Goebel

My son and I were just commenting that we don't know if people are more creative or just have more time to post - probably both!

• Julie
    9 hours ago

So cute!!😍

• Michele
    7 hours ago

That is adorable. I recently moved to a farm house in the country . I started remodeling and this is perfect for the bathrooms. My cousin has sheep next door on her farm I think I'll make her one. She'll get a kick out of it. Thank you for sharing. :)