Mini Scrap Fabric Tapestries

$5

My new mini scrap fabric tapestries have been so much fun to make that I planned on making one and ended up with six! I was inspired to make these after seeing Urban Outfitters embroidered tapestries and love how they turned out. This is another great way to use up those leftover fabric scraps and the reason you should have a pile of them in your craft supplies!

Pull out your scrap fabric.

Choose a large piece of fabric for the tapestry and cut the scraps into landscaping shapes.

Start sewing on the landscaping pieces to the large piece of fabric.

Cut out a circle and sew on with metallic thread. The metallic thread is what really makes this tapestry stand out.

On the back of your tapestry, you'll be able to see where you sewed on your sun. Use a ruler to draw lines for the sunbeams.

Sew along the lines with metallic thread.

I sewed a piece of fabric to the back for a nice finishes look, but forgot to take pictures of this part. Basically, you want to sew the tapestry right-side in to another piece of fabric leaving a small opening. Pull the fabric right-side out through the opening and then sew a border around the entire tapestry.

I had so much fun making these that I couldn't stop. I embroidered a sun on one of my tapestries and really like how that one turned out.

I sewed the circle on this tapestry with rolling hills and a flower.

This is my garden scene. I added flowers instead of mountains or hills. This is my daughters favorite.

You can add ribbon to the corners for easy hanging, or hang on the wall with command strips/hooks.

I framed one of my tapestries and I really like how this looks also. There are so many possibilities when it comes to this project. Try to create a landscape scene of a place you visited or somewhere you want to go. These would also be great gifts for friends and family!

Holly Lengner - Lost Mom

• Dar Teasley

Did you turn under the edges of the fabric pieces or left the fabric edges raw?

• Cinlu

Dar Teasley --Both! I found I really liked the edges frayed all around the base on one piece, but looked nicely finished hemmed on another. Part of the fun in making it your own work.