DIY Dollar Tree Succulent Tower

$10

Do you love Succulent Gardens as much as I do? Over the weekend I made this cute DIY Dollar Tree Succulent Tower. It was super easy to make. I made this Monogram Succulent Garden a while ago, but was itching to make another project using succulents. The best part of this project? I was able to purchase everything at the Dollar Store (except the spray paint and sand, both of which I had in my garage).

Here is how I made it.

Step 1 in making this DIY Dollar Tree Succulent Tower – Find Your Containers and Other Supplies…

I took a trip to my local Dollar Tree to find 3 containers that I thought would work for my tower. I was able to find a garden tray, a bowl and a small vase for my succulent tower. You may already have things on hand you could use for this project. An old cake pan would work perfect for the bottom layer, if you are willing to part with it. Maybe you already have a bowl and small vase or glass in your cabinets that would be perfect for this project (that you aren’t using). Use your imagination. Thrift stores would also be a good source for this project. However, they are all closed right now due to COVID-19, but maybe in the future. Dollar Tree did the trick for my needs.

While at Dollar Tree I also picked up about 5 faux succulents (I already had a few at home I knew I could use), and 2 bags of these black rocks (but only ended up using one). Also, you could, of course, use real succulents to make this project. I chose to keep things simple and easy by using faux.

Step 2 – Spray Paint Your Containers (if needed)…

First, I brought the items outside and spray painted them white. I used left over paint I had in my garage, and used this kind from Home Depot. Feel free to use any color paint you have or like.

Step 3 – Fill with Sand and Arrange the Succulents…

Next, I started filling the dishes with sand and placing the containers how I wanted them (watch my video below). Once they were filled, I started placing the succulents in the containers until I was happy with how they looked. I used a total of 10 succulents. Feel free to use as many as you like. Lastly, I used the black rocks to fill in any empty spaces. You could also use moss, different colored rocks, or shells as fill-in (all of which are sold at Dollar Tree).

Here is the finished product.

Check out my quick video.....

The House house

• S Sullivan

Were these live succulents?

• The House house

No, as mentioned in the article they are fake (or faux). You could use live ones though!

• Mara Vsn

hi I liked this. only need sand and rocks? I have a cake cover which is flexible plastic. can I use that? Thanks