Two Toned Vase

$5

I love up-cycling thrifted finds, and transforming pieces with just a little paint! Here’s an easy way to upcycle a vase you may have laying around the house or one you find on your thrifting adventures.

Pick Your Paint

I chose two neutral colours I had on hand.

Tape Off

I used painters tape and simply taped around the vase where I wanted the colours to meet. This allows you to create a clean line where the two colours will meet.

Start Painting

Simply paint the top half of your vase using the colour of your choice.

Blow Dry

To speed up the drying time between coats I used a blow dryer. This made the process very fast.

Add Texture

I then applied the second coat of paint. By using the sponge going different directions it created a bit of texture.

Remove Tape//Repeat Process

I then removed the tape and painted the bottom half of the vase. If you wanted a very clean line you can always add tape on the upper half of the vase. I just took my time painting and was happy with how the line looked. I then repeated the same process as the upper half of the vase.

Style Your Vase

This is the finished project! I love how a little paint/sponge transformed this piece!

• Hipretty

Although I do love and can appreciate the look the two tone after  ... I could never have brought myself to do that to my precious love of mid century modern pottery!!!!  I probably would have attempted that on something really cheap and hideous!

• Dee

looks great!tfs