DIY Stair Runner
I have created a video with step by step instructions on installing a stair runner. I will list the instructions here, but watch the video for the full tutorial.
- Measure your stairs and buy 1 more runner than you think you'll need. You will end up cutting some off, so you don't want to under buy here (you can always return them, if you don't need them).
- You can start at the top or the bottom (we started at the top, but actually found it easier to pull the rug tight when we worked from the bottom, going up).
- Staple under the lip of your stair tread, and then again in the crease of your tread/riser.
- Pull down and repeat.
- When you get to the end of your rug, cut so that you can secure the cut edge under the lip of the next thread.
- you will start your next rug by butting it up against the cut edge, pulling it as tightly into the corner as you can.
- Make sure you have a finished edge at both the top and bottom for the best look.
- please watch the video and let me know if you have any questions!
Links for everything can be found on Instagram Links for everything can be found on Instagram @revealmydiy
See all materials
Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. More info