DIY Painting Terracotta Pots

3 materials
$10

Tired of the traditional look of terracotta plant pots? Painting terracotta pots is a fun way to add color to your home or garden. In this tutorial for how to paint terracotta pots you’ll also learn: what paint to use on terracotta plant pots, how to prepare your pots for painting, and how to seal clay pots.

For this project, I decided to paint a matching set of pots for my indoor plants.

I have a few pots that have been laying around. I decided to painted the 3 pots in different shapes but same color.

Unless you’re exceptional with a paintbrush, it helps to use guides to get straight lines. Since I wanted to do stripes, I started by taping off

Once taped, you can start painting the pots. Be sure to wait in between coats to let the paint dry, so it doesn’t pull. 

Most people pile off the tape before it dries off however for me I waited for the painted to dry then piled off the paint

This was a pretty easy fun project that I worked with my 3 year old son and he really enjoyed it. How different does this look

Questions on this post

Your question...
3 of 4 questions

Comments

2 of 14 comments
Next