Replacing Old Mailbox and Post

$200

I have been wanting to replace our rusty leaning mailbox for years. I have had a new mail post in my office for a couple of months waiting for the weather to be nice enough to dig…well someone came last week to drop off food and I looked out and they were holding our mailbox in their hand. Totally ripped it off the post...I guess we couldn't wait anymore!

So this is what our mailbox looked like. The landscaping from 5 years ago has been trampled from people running it over, salt from the winters and is just sad. If you follow me on Instagram you could see the whole process in real time.

Dig the Hole

We dug a new hole 2' into the ground since our new post is 6'. When the hole was dug we made sure the post was level, dumped in some water and then dumped in quick set concrete and waited for it to set.

Once the concrete was set..bag said 30 minutes, we gave it a few hours, we enlisted our trusty helpers to fill the rest of the hole.

The mailbox slid like butter over the new pole. It looked great. I then added the arm and the new mailbox...and the new solar light cap, which I am so excited about and that was it!

I love the way it looks! Now when the weather is a little nicer we will start the landscaping around it. We are thinking simple Hostas that will live through anything and some big rocks to deter anyone from hitting it again!

Take a look at the quick video for our full installation!

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

• 4x4 post  (Home Depot)
  • Mailbox Post  (Home Depot)

3 Weird Step-by-Step Ways to Decorate Your Plain Tea Towels
3 Gorgeous & Easy Projects to Help You Decorate for Fall
The Wonderful Things You Can Make With...Paper!
Cuddling Up At Home With A Bottle Of Wine? Then Try These Projects!
Hometalk's Top 20 DIY Crafts For Kids
3 Great Ideas To Easily Upgrade Your Window
Dollar Store Gem Backsplash
Check Out These Wonderful Ways To Decorate Your Plain Mugs
15 Amazing Projects To Help Make Your Home Look Fabulous
Check Out These 15 Beautiful Flower Ideas For Spring
Inspirational Ideas for Spring Flowers
Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
Do You Want to Make Over a Room in Your Home & Add Gorgeous Built-Ins?
Tara Boettger

• Dee

You did a great job. Wish I had someone to help me do that. I just spray painted my mailbox. It looks clean, but not the way I would want it to look.

• Janice

Great looking redo and it seems you had excellent "assistants" to complete the update. The solar cap is the icing on the cake. Thanks for the post.