Ice Dyed Tablecloth

$6

How many of you have tried ice dying? It might just be my new favorite dying technique because it's so easy and a great way to give something you already have a sweet makeover. I found this tablecloth at a thrift store a couple years ago for $1 and bought it with the intentions of giving it some kind of makeover. Since we've been stuck at home, I've had lots of time to work on my project to-do list and finally got around to bringing this tablecloth to life with some color.

This tablecloth is in perfect condition, but a bit blah for my taste.

I scrunched up the tablecloth and placed in a shallow container.

I covered the tablecloth in ice.

Sprinkle Rit Dye over the ice.

I used two packages of dye for my tablecloth since it was so big.

Let the ice melt completely. I keep my house at 70 degrees and was surprised that it took almost 24 hours for my ice to melt.

Once all was melted, I rinsed the tablecloth in cold water until it ran clear and hung outside to dry. Wear gloves while you are rinsing the tablecloth so you don't stain your hands.

I love how this tablecloth turned out and I'm so glad I finally decided to give it a much needed makeover.

I keep looking around my house at all the other things I would like to ice dye and can't wait to try two colors at a time.

Holly Lengner - Lost Mom

• Patti Jankowski

I wondering if you could do 2 colors? Dry the first and then dye the 2nd color??

• Gloria Gatch
      Just now

Love the way it turned out! My question is, how or what sets the dye? So it doesn't run when you wash it.