How to Make a Beautiful Wreath for Free!!!

$0

If you are looking for a fun little craft to do right now that will make a big statement, this is it! You probably already have everything you need. It’s amazing how many beautiful things can be made using supplies gathered from around your home.

Supplies Needed

For this project all you will need is a book, a hole punch and some sort of metal hoop. I used the bottom ring from an old lamp shade, but you could use a metal hoop wreath form, or even a curtain hanger bent into a hoop.

Step One

Begin by tearing out the pages from the book. Depending on the size of your hoop you will need anywhere from 200-300 pages. Once you have torn out all of the pages gently crumble them up.

Step Two

Next step is to flatten out the page and fold it. How you fold it will depend on the size of your book and hoop. For my wreath I found that folding it into thirds first and then in half made for the perfect size. Once folded you will punch a hole at the bottom of each page.

Step Three

Fill up a laundry basket to make the next step easier and to keep all of your folded pages organized.

Step Four

Take all of your folded pages and thread them onto your hoop.

Step Five

Once all of your pages have been put on the hoop, secure it closed. I used electrical tape and it was very sturdy when finished.

Step Six

Attach a hanger to your wreath and find the perfect spot to display it. I used a scrap piece of twine, but you could use a pretty ribbon or piece of burlap to hang it up.

You are Done!

Arrange any pages that might be sticking out awkwardly and admire your beautiful creation! How gorgeous would this wreath look in a sun filled library 💕

• Sippi Labouche

I love this!!

• DrSusan Yorke

As book nerd and collector, I would never destroy a book for this project; old or otherwise. I would however, use magazines for this as it would give it more color and a vintage stylized look and feel.

• Jane

I know what you mean about tearing the pages out of a book, but it might be a little less painful if it was a book from the Dollar Tree or even newspaper if you like the black and white color scheme.